Two month refund from Pbase

FYI recieved thsi from Pbase last night....
Hi,

We did not charge for December or January. If you view your account status, you will find that we did not deduct any credits for Dec-2004 or Jan-2005, and these months are marked as free.
PBase experienced some instability due to various hardware failures and our move to a new facility. We are now in the final stages of resolving these issues. We made the decision to not charge for these two months because of these problems.

Your PBase.com account under the username 'mmcatee43' is currently using 197 MB of space and has 10 months of service remaining.

Thanks for your continued support.
The PBase Team
(Slug and Emily)

Well, that was the least they could do after all the problems they had...!!!

Just between you and me, I think the main reason for their problems was that person from Canada (???) Yves (???) who only uploads "original sizes" @ 174,234 GBs each!!! :wink:

gho

I agree, I think its very thoughtful and addresses all the complaints they have received as well.

They could have done more to in terms of communication of the issues via their main paige rather than just leaving users hanging though.

For me, pbase is more just a fun site. So I the outages didn't really impact me, and I wasn't really seeking a refund. Hey, $4 may not sound like a lot to a single person, but add it up over all their users, and that's a significant loss for them.

My main built and maintained by myself on a commercial web server, so if I have issues, I only have myself to blame.

At least the outage gave me a chance to revamp my daughter's stuff.

Latest threads

Top Bottom