1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Two More Hummer Shots!

Discussion in 'Birds' started by BirdLady, Aug 26, 2008.

1. BirdLady

BirdLady

Jan 8, 2006
    Alabama
    original.gif
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

View attachment 243242

2. Now these are really up close and personal! Nice detail, Debbie. And I love the stop action on the wings and the painterly background.

3. Great captures Debbie. Really beautiful.

4. BIGBEAR

BIGBEAR

Nov 16, 2007
    Forney, Texas
    Great pics of the Ruby Ms. Debbie!! What is the flower?? I have been working hard in the flower beds this summer trying to get more for the hummers and I dont know that one. Thanks for any info you can provide.

5. Lovely work Debbie!
    Fred

6. BirdLady

BirdLady

Jan 8, 2006
    Alabama
    Thanks, David, Phil, Bear and Fred.

Bear, it is a Shrimp plant. The Hummers really love the flowers from this plant. It is native to tropical America. I have two plants, one is in the picture which is red and the other is a pink to salmon color. There also is a yellow one you can buy. My pretty pink one died and I order one from eBay. The one from eBay is very small but it had two bloom on it when I received it. I will have to bring this plant indoor for the winter. I could plant it in the my garden but I am afraid it might not come back. I was told by the person I purchased it from that it will come back if I cut it down and mulch it.

7. BIGBEAR

BIGBEAR

Nov 16, 2007
    Forney, Texas
    Ms. Debbie,

Thank you for the details. I looked on the net and it shows the plant getting 3'-4' tall and since we are in the Dallas area I guess I would need to bring them in to. I am going to get a couple.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.