Two More Ladies of the Diamond

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by eng45ine, Apr 17, 2007.

1. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Just two more....

Smash hit.....300mm f/2.8 VR and 1.4x TC

Waiting at third base....300mm f/2.8 VR and 1.4x TC
    View attachment 91223

2. JMartin

JMartin Guest

The first shot is such awesome frozen action! I am just waiting to see the bat continue on thru crushing the ball.

3. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Joe, I was shooting ISO 400 and getting a shutter speed just over 1/3000th second because of the TC, if I would have taken the TC off I could have had a faster shutter speed. I'm okay with the end result, but a ball on bat would have been nicer.

4. JMartin

JMartin Guest

I hear you, Frank, but after my results Sat. night, I would take a shot like this any day of the week.

5. Hey Frank,

These are great. There is something about the colors, that light blue in particular and the contrast that just jumps out at you. Tough situation with metering the mixed light I bet.

6. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    That's it exactly brother!!! The light blue and the hot sun equals trouble. But, I wanted a break from the boys and the girls satisfied that need.

7. Just great Frank.

8. Love the first eye on ball look of determination the back foot kicking up some dirt very nice the second is no slouch either maybe a little levels adjsutment to bring the face out a little more

9. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Thanks for commenting Mike. I had a decent day of shooting yesterday. Is the second image dark on your monitor? I did adjust levels, saturation and USM before posting. On my monitor, if I adjust levels more I will blow out the light blue in her jersey.

10. Jsut aroudn the eyes maybe a little layer mash and a selective levels to bring out the eyes that is all

11. niknd501

niknd501

May 13, 2006
    Illinois
    Jeash....I missed this one too....How did you sneak this one by me also...
    Love the first shot...Very very clean crisp and clear...Top notch Frank !

12. Jeff Mims

Jeff Mims

May 25, 2005
    Mississippi
    Good ones Frank!
    I like the frozen ball image, and the second one does not look too dark at all on my monitor. Very nice.

13. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Thanks for commenting Mike...but what is layer mash? Layer mask? I'll have to grab Kelby's book to learn how to do what you recommend. PP is not a strong suit of mine.

Thanks guys, I'm pleased with my results from today. Looking forward to Saturday's game.

14. Frank, that first one is really good.

Your players actually keep their eyes open and on the ball when they swing. My girls and little leaguers mostly have their eyes closed as they swing!:rolleyes:

15. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Thanks Mitch, now that you mention it...I see what you mean. I guess it's just that reflex that can't be overcome.