Two More Ladies of the Diamond

Just two more....

Smash hit.....300mm f/2.8 VR and 1.4x TC
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Waiting at third base....300mm f/2.8 VR and 1.4x TC
View attachment 91223

J

JMartin

The first shot is such awesome frozen action! I am just waiting to see the bat continue on thru crushing the ball.

Joe, I was shooting ISO 400 and getting a shutter speed just over 1/3000th second because of the TC, if I would have taken the TC off I could have had a faster shutter speed. I'm okay with the end result, but a ball on bat would have been nicer.

J

JMartin

I hear you, Frank, but after my results Sat. night, I would take a shot like this any day of the week.

Hey Frank,

These are great. There is something about the colors, that light blue in particular and the contrast that just jumps out at you. Tough situation with metering the mixed light I bet.

Hey Frank,

These are great. There is something about the colors, that light blue in particular and the contrast that just jumps out at you. Tough situation with metering the mixed light I bet.
That's it exactly brother!!! The light blue and the hot sun equals trouble. But, I wanted a break from the boys and the girls satisfied that need.

Love the first eye on ball look of determination the back foot kicking up some dirt very nice the second is no slouch either maybe a little levels adjsutment to bring the face out a little more

Thanks for commenting Mike. I had a decent day of shooting yesterday. Is the second image dark on your monitor? I did adjust levels, saturation and USM before posting. On my monitor, if I adjust levels more I will blow out the light blue in her jersey.

Jeash....I missed this one too....How did you sneak this one by me also...
Love the first shot...Very very clean crisp and clear...Top notch Frank !

Good ones Frank!
I like the frozen ball image, and the second one does not look too dark at all on my monitor. Very nice.

Jsut aroudn the eyes maybe a little layer mash and a selective levels to bring out the eyes that is all
Thanks for commenting Mike...but what is layer mash? Layer mask? I'll have to grab Kelby's book to learn how to do what you recommend. PP is not a strong suit of mine.

Jeash....I missed this one too....How did you sneak this one by me also...
Love the first shot...Very very clean crisp and clear...Top notch Frank !
Good ones Frank!
I like the frozen ball image, and the second one does not look too dark at all on my monitor. Very nice.
Thanks guys, I'm pleased with my results from today. Looking forward to Saturday's game.

Thanks Mitch, now that you mention it...I see what you mean. I guess it's just that reflex that can't be overcome.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom