Two more of Kasia Sweeny*(EDITS ADDED)*

Two more of the beautiful Kasia Sweeny. All comments appreciated. Hopefully you're not tired of seeing these.

447127021_9641cdc81a_o.png
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

For this shot I asked her to look at me like she was going to beat me up.
View attachment 88596

I reprocessed the first shot per suggestions regarding the lines under the eyes and the ear/hand issue. I also sharpened it a bit. Which one do you think is best?

THE ORIGINAL POST
View attachment 88597

*EDIT #1 (some hand)

View attachment 88598

*EDIT 2 (no hand)

View attachment 88599

Last edited by a moderator:
Youngsville (The edge of nowhere), North Carolina
The first one is very nice but a tad on the "flat" side despite the fact that the histogram look nearly perfect. But, just pulling in the right side slider to just under where the histogram begins will ge a long way to clearing the haze.

Good things: Pose, lighting, expression, composition, texture, total range... excellent detail in her shirt.

Things to consider: Healing Brush out those fine lines under her eyes, lack of texture in skin, sharpening... could be just little sharper.

PM me with your e-mail address, I have something for you.

Way to go Fred. Your work with this young lady has really progressed nicely. I agree with Woody about the first image needing just a tad more clarity and/or brightness.

I guess I'm going to be the odd one out here... I like the softness of the first image. I think in the black and white, it adds something to the image.

She is a very beautiful subject, and you did a great job. I actually keep finding myself coming back to it.

North Yorkshire born and bred in Edinburgh!!!
Fred............. it's cool seeing you enjoy your "lights" so much.............

I can't comment on the studio stuff as i know nothing about it, as i have said before............ but I know that your work is excellent! So there..........!!

G

I keep getting to the party late.....when there is nothing else helpful to add. I'll say though that I think you did a fantastic job with the first shot. A little extra PP work and it's a first class winner. Okay wait.....I'm gonna pick a nit now because I imagine you want any and all feedback right? The right hand propping her head up is showing just enough to look like a deformed ear. Okay.....that's pushing it!:biggrin:

In the second photo there's something about the skin tone/MU against the BG color that isn't really gelling for me, but I like the pose and lighting. Did she do her own MU?

The first one is very nice but a tad on the "flat" side despite the fact that the histogram look nearly perfect. But, just pulling in the right side slider to just under where the histogram begins will ge a long way to clearing the haze.

Good things: Pose, lighting, expression, composition, texture, total range... excellent detail in her shirt.

Things to consider: Healing Brush out those fine lines under her eyes, lack of texture in skin, sharpening... could be just little sharper.

PM me with your e-mail address, I have something for you.

Thanks so much Woody. I used your defog action and I was very happy with the results - I like how you added a "lite" version. After a complete edit on the image, using yours and the other suggestions on this post, I liked the image so much that I made it my new MM avatar.

Fine images Fred, I really am partial to the first one - nice!!

Thanks Frits! :smile:

Nice job Fred!! I looks like you're getting the hang of it!!! Now if only I could get some models to actually follow through... LOL

Thank you Keith. You will Keith - you have a very good, and very active MM port. I'm sure you'll have a shoot set up soon.

Way to go Fred. Your work with this young lady has really progressed nicely. I agree with Woody about the first image needing just a tad more clarity and/or brightness.

Thanks Gordon. The re-edit came out awesome. I need to post it at some point - so little time and so much to do..... If I could add four more hours to the day and I'd be set!!

I guess I'm going to be the odd one out here... I like the softness of the first image. I think in the black and white, it adds something to the image.

She is a very beautiful subject, and you did a great job. I actually keep finding myself coming back to it.

Thanks so much. Kasia is pretty shy, but when she gets in front of the camera that all changes. She a very beautiful young lady and the camera just loves her.

Great job...lik'em both.

Thanks Seneca. :smile:

Fred............. it's cool seeing you enjoy your "lights" so much.............

I can't comment on the studio stuff as i know nothing about it, as i have said before............ but I know that your work is excellent! So there..........!!

G

Thank you Graeme. I plan to shoot some outdoor natural light stuff with Kasia and Jodie if the weather ever warms.

I keep getting to the party late.....when there is nothing else helpful to add. I'll say though that I think you did a fantastic job with the first shot. A little extra PP work and it's a first class winner. Okay wait.....I'm gonna pick a nit now because I imagine you want any and all feedback right? The right hand propping her head up is showing just enough to look like a deformed ear. Okay.....that's pushing it!:biggrin:

In the second photo there's something about the skin tone/MU against the BG color that isn't really gelling for me, but I like the pose and lighting. Did she do her own MU?

Thanks for your comments Stuart. I am very grateful for any and all feedback.

Great point about her hand. I think I have an idea on how to fix that.

The second shot does not seem to be a favorite. I agree it does not really work. I like the hair light though :biggrin:

I had my friend Kerri, who teaches hair at a beauty school, do the Hair/MU. The MU was my fault to be honest with you. Kerri asked me what I wanted, but I did not really know how to answer the question. I know now that I need to have a plan for EVERYTHING. It's all about the details.

I can't take credit for that Action. It's available somewhere on line to be downloaded. The others are ones I wrote.

Thanks Woody.

#1 is very nice Fred. Beautiful model, nice conversion.

Thanks Roy. She is beautiful, and a very nice person too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice job Fred. Boy, I'm glad Stu mentioned the hidden hand that resembles a "deformed ear". Exactly what I thought when I saw it! :rolleyes: I can't find any fault in the 2nd. Nice going! As you're finding out, the devil really is in the details, isn't it!?

Nice job Fred. Boy, I'm glad Stu mentioned the hidden hand that resembles a "deformed ear". Exactly what I thought when I saw it! :rolleyes: I can't find any fault in the 2nd. Nice going! As you're finding out, the devil really is in the details, isn't it!?

Thanks for you comments Steve. I think I have an idea on how to fix the hand. .........oh those details. :smile:

J

JimTech

I like #1 but #2 seems a little off, I can't put my finger on it other than I don't think the combo of pose and lighting do her justice.

Now back to #1, what a classic capture of her. This is just a great image and does a wonderful job capturing her.

Youngsville (The edge of nowhere), North Carolina
No hand.

Try using the Burn tool to darken the area above her eye... like where eye shadow would be. I think it would help give more shape to her eyes. Try it on Highlights at 10% and 0 hardness, and gradually build it up.

You have the idea and it's well executed. Cloning hair to cover things is something I do frequently. Just watch two things... "seams" and repeating patterns. It's a lot easier to use the Clone Stamp than to copy paste. You have one small seam that needs fixing and you can do that with the Healing Brush.

Another thing too. B&W works best when an image has two qualities... contrast and texture. That's what's keeping this from being an outstanding conversion. It's a beautiful shot, just pretty flat for B&W.

I like #1 but #2 seems a little off, I can't put my finger on it other than I don't think the combo of pose and lighting do her justice.

Now back to #1, what a classic capture of her. This is just a great image and does a wonderful job capturing her.

Thanks very much Jim! I have pretty much given up on #2 - maybe I'll try something funky in PS to see what I can do with it.

No hand.

Try using the Burn tool to darken the area above her eye... like where eye shadow would be. I think it would help give more shape to her eyes. Try it on Highlights at 10% and 0 hardness, and gradually build it up.

You have the idea and it's well executed. Cloning hair to cover things is something I do frequently. Just watch two things... "seams" and repeating patterns. It's a lot easier to use the Clone Stamp than to copy paste. You have one small seam that needs fixing and you can do that with the Healing Brush.

Another thing too. B&W works best when an image has two qualities... contrast and texture. That's what's keeping this from being an outstanding conversion. It's a beautiful shot, just pretty flat for B&W.

Thanks for so many excellent tips. I am excited to go in and reprocess the image.

Latest threads

Top Bottom