1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Two more soccer pics (from RAW processing)

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by Jeff Mims, Sep 17, 2008.

1. Jeff Mims

Jeff Mims

May 25, 2005
    Mississippi
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2008
  2. topher04r1

topher04r1 Guest

That one looks good man !!

3. Jeff Mims

Jeff Mims

May 25, 2005
    Mississippi
    Thanks, but which one? :smile:

4. topher04r1

topher04r1 Guest

the first one looks great.... the second looks good as well just a tad less action .... are you trying a new plug in or something ?

5. Jeff Mims

Jeff Mims

May 25, 2005
    Mississippi
    I was using Aperture, now I'm trying LR2..no plug ins. Would be open to suggestions though. :smile:

6. Dennis Carter

Dennis Carter

Jun 29, 2007
    USA
    Excellent, Jeff! Especially 1. Poster material, I'd say.

7. Both are great Jeff. Your work is becoming some of the best around here and you should be proud.

See Ya
    Dennis

8. wow Jeff, #1 rocks, sharp as a knife, great crop & background separation.

9. Jeff Mims

Jeff Mims

May 25, 2005
    Mississippi
    Thanks so much. I have to give the credit to Joe Marques...he pretty much told me what to do.
    If he wrote a book called Lightroom for Clueless Dummies, it would be with me in mind.:biggrin:
    Thanks Joe!

10. Jeff Mims

Jeff Mims

May 25, 2005
    Mississippi
    Dennis, thanks for the kind words. Although my stuff is FAR from the best around here. I'm just happy they let me post here. :smile:

11. Jeff Mims

Jeff Mims

May 25, 2005
    Mississippi
    Thanks Chris.
    I had to do some cropping with the D300, but the files held up well in RAW.

12. You're far too kind. An excellent image is always easy to process so the work was mostly done in camera. Nice stuff. :biggrin:

13. Jeff Mims

Jeff Mims

May 25, 2005
    Mississippi
    Now Joe...you are being far too humble. If it was that easy..I could have done it without help. :smile:
    Yes, it was easier..much easier, because I had a *very* patient and knowledgeable teacher, tell me step by step what to do. And even then my image wasn't as good as the teacher's version.

When I was in college, I took a class in chalk drawing. Super talented artist, he'd say...draw this. He'd make a drawing that looked so simple..I'd think..no problem, I can do that. Right.
    That's when I learned about skill and talent. Those who have it make the hard stuff look simple. :smile:

14. tjk60

tjk60

Dec 4, 2007
    troy, mi
    you are really coming into your own here Jeff! nicely done on both and the second own is very cute!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.