1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

...two more to go...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BourbonCowboy, Aug 27, 2008.

1. I just started the first of the last two classes for my 2nd Masters degree. I'm not looking forward to this. I'm tired, and not in the mood to deal with the extra workload. But this isn't a choice...I've gotta get this done.

So, if you notice that the Feedback Reference thread isn't being updated quite as often (as I try to update it), please be patient. I'll try to update it every time I get the chance. Thanks in advance for your understanding.

And BTW...I think I'm going to succumb to the pressure from my professors and enter a Ph.D. program - possibly after a one-year layoff (or not). So, those of you who have gone through this type of program, please let me know what I'm about to enter.

2. panda81

panda81

Feb 7, 2008
    Texas
    what field are you considering for phd?

3. Hotplate

Hotplate

Oct 23, 2007
    Austin, TX
    I don't know you Mark, but good luck. My GF just started back and is finishing her thesis this semester. We both suffer.

4. Best of luck to you!

Mike (my hubby) is working on his second masters degree now, and next year we're off to Pittsburgh so he can complete a Ph.D. He's already away from home from 6 am to 7pm just to keep up with his job and school......I can't imagine what next year holds for us.

5. Mark:

Best of luck. ....and take a break before starting the Phd.

Michael

6. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Good luck, Mark. We appreciate all you do for the Cafe' and the Feed Back Thread. But make sure to make time for yourself (away from school and work).

7. Thanks everyone. I think I'll probably take a year off before I make a final decision about the doctorate. Right now, I'm just exhausted, and unmotivated. I haven't taken a camera out of the house in months. I need a break, but I've still got work to do.

BTW: Jerry, I'm working on my masters in Educational Leadership (administration).

8. the_traveler

the_traveler

Mar 22, 2007
    en route
    I did mine in material science.
    Not as much fun as it sounds.

9. yooper

yooper

May 5, 2008
    Winona Lake, IN
    I've considered going back again for another masters and, often, the thought stays with me for ...oh, maybe five or ten seconds at a time. :tongue: I'll give you credit for finishing up your second.

When I was standing in line getting ready to enter the graduation ceremony, I was the last M.Div student before the Ph.D's. Talking to them, it sounded as though the doctoral degree was not as demanding (not to say it's not a lot of work) as their masters degree. They all agreed that the masters was more challenging. Then again, maybe they were working undercover for the doctoral student recruitment program.

BTW, since people call a person with a Ph.D "doctor," feel free to refer to me as "master!" :biggrin:

10. ajbooker

ajbooker

Mar 17, 2008
    Omaha, NE
    Good luck Mark, I just started my last two classes (and last semester) of my maters.

Now to go work on a thesis some more...

11. panda81

panda81

Feb 7, 2008
    Texas
    yikes, maybe it'll be a good idea to take a little time off after finishing to recuperate and then decide if you want more school. starting a phd program when you're already burned out from the beginning can give people breakdowns (speaking from classmate's experience)...:eek: 

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.