Two new lenses this week?

Agree with Howard.. I don't get this at all. Isn't the 18-200 VR II already? And the 70-200 is already a super fine lens, what is there to improve? There are many other lenses that they can improve upon.. like the 80-400 for instance.

There's also a rumor about the new 85mm 1.4 "G" but it wasn't mentioned if it's an AF-S. If this is true then I'm VERY excited about it. Will it be better than the original cream machine? I guess we'll find out soon..

i think its a hoax, its just too soon to reupdate those two lenses, seeing that they upgrade the classics would be more likely, ie, the 85mm 1.4

maybe the leaked facts are wrong and its a 18-300 to top sigma 18-250 :confused:

update the 70-200 so i can pick up the VR I version for cheaper :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: so i'm not complaining there lol

OMG enough already with the 18-... lenses, how many does one need ? :actions1:

Some really fast primes and I'll be happier :wink:

Considering how many complaints there have been about lens creep on the 18-200 VR and considering how many Nikon must have sold, I can imagine a lot of people in Nikon service looking forward to a revision.

There are a lot of potential customers for the 70-200 that are on the fence because of the slight vignetting of the current version on FX. It is without question a great lens already, but from a business perspective I think there is more dollar volume in 70-200 VR IIs than there will be in two new primes combined.

Let's also not forget that the 18-200 accounted for the majority of "dead battery" problems. Again looking at it from a business perspective, updating service prone units make sense. It will be interesting to see what is actually announced.

Agree with Howard.. I don't get this at all. Isn't the 18-200 VR II already? And the 70-200 is already a super fine lens, what is there to improve? There are many other lenses that they can improve upon.. like the 80-400 for instance.

There's also a rumor about the new 85mm 1.4 "G" but it wasn't mentioned if it's an AF-S. If this is true then I'm VERY excited about it. Will it be better than the original cream machine? I guess we'll find out soon..

The 70-200 has some vignetting and lack of edge sharpness on a FX body. Maybe they fixed that. If so then I will be saving up for one and selling my old 70-200

I heard that the new 18-200 comes with a rubber band to keep it from creeping. And the 70-200 will only have a price adjustment to the point where demand reduced to balance with production capacity.

I love rumors!

OMG enough already with the 18-... lenses, how many does one need ? :actions1:

Some really fast primes and I'll be happier :wink:

... this is why Nikon made the newer semiprofessional/professional cameras compatible to Ai/Ais lenses...

OR

... this guarantees that all the vintage Nikon lenses keep their market value...

OR

... this opens business opportunities for Voigthlaender, Zeiss and others which gave us lots of primes to rave about ..

Always look at the bright side :biggrin::eek::biggrin:

Real Name
Randy
I heard that the new 18-200 comes with a rubber band to keep it from creeping. And the 70-200 will only have a price adjustment to the point where demand reduced to balance with production capacity.

I love rumors!

i wonder if you can order the rubber band separately and will the new rubber band work with old 18-200 or will there be an old and new rubber band:smile:

Latest threads

Top Bottom