Two new Z lenses to be announced tonight

Yes, this is why it is so important to buy from an authorized dealer and one which has a solid, good reputation. B&H in NYC is good. Not all camera dealers in NYC are authorized or....ahem...honest. Run far, far away from any outfit which is offering the body only at some amazingly low price and then offers the lens hood (and heaven knows what else) as "extras" at additional cost.....

Remember the days of all those ads in the back of photography magazines? Well, some of those rather shady dealers are still hanging around, this time online, ready to snare the unwary......

I misstated and should have read more carefully. This is what misled me:

Screen Shot 2021-06-20 at 6.48.46 PM.png
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited:
I've just received an email from the reseller stating latest info from Nikon Australia regarding my order is for delivery to their warehouse within 15-21days.

JLH

I picked my 105 up today and yes, it came with a hood. And yes, it is a GREAT lens, better then my previous 105 F mount (that I returned when this came out).

They are in...some places and I have one sitting on my desk.

Last edited:
I picked my 105 up today and yes, it came with a hood. And yes, it is a GREAT lens, better then my previous 105 F mount (that I returned when this came out).

They are in...some places and I have one sitting on my desk.

Congratulations, I look forward to reading your impressions and seeing some of your photos once you've had a chance to use it.

Mine has arrived in the warehouse, probably get shipped on Monday as its currently Friday afternoon downunder.

JLH

Oh, and while I have not had a lot of time to test it yet due to preparations for grandson's wedding tomorrow I did do a quick test drive on both my Z50 and Full frame Z5. Things I noticed...under the very limited conditions I had to test it I noticed the focus was not lightning fast, not compared to many of my other newer lenses. But it also seemed more....deliberate...as in rather than just jumping around it was looking more at accuracy than speed. Don't know...that was just a first thought. I do like that display window they put on the new lenses. It gives me a choice of displaying distance or magnification ratio (or whatever the technical term for that is). Again, I only had a very limited time to work with it.

The optics are every bit as good as I had read. I am sure this lens is a winner, especially when I team it up with my R1C1. As a side note I was trying out some of my 3rd party speed lights and fount they were working great with the SU-800. I see some fun shooting in my future as I learn this new lens and play with various lighting effects.

It was a happy day at my house.

JLH

I live in Louisville, Kentucky. Get my gear from Murphy's Camera. (They are big with multiple stores in Louisville and Lexington). When I got my name on the list a few weeks back ( I was #5) I was told they had twelve on order.

I am really pleased for you guys that FINALLY you're getting native macro lenses from Nikon for your Z series cameras! Enjoy! :) Looking forward to seeing the images from both lenses, as each will have its own unique characteristics to lend to the final image(s).

Thanks, Connie. My sample images may be a few days coming as the lens is not expected to arrive until late Wednesday and we're leaving early Thursday to spend a long weekend at a family gathering in Alabama.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom