Two new Z lenses to be announced tonight

You've all given me some interesting things to think about. Part of me says just sell 'em all, buy the MC 105, and be happy.

I forgot to mention the 28-105 f/3.5-4.5 with micro capability lurking on the back of the shelf.

We know the 105mm MC has internal focusing. A benefit of that is that when a polarizer filter is mounted, its position will remain constant regardless of the position of the focus ring.

We don't know how the 50mm MC behaves in that regard when the front-focusing capability is being deployed. We know the lens doesn't have internal focusing but we don't know how much if any the front-focusing part of the hardware rotates.

Real Name
Andy
With the new MC 50mm on order, and the MC 105 a future temptation, I feel like I need to thin the herd a bit.

You've all given me some interesting things to think about. Part of me says just sell 'em all, buy the MC 105, and be happy.
People collect coins, cards, stamps, comics, dolls, cars, etc. Why not macro lenses? It's only weird if you don't embrace it!

“Apology and notice of delay in delivery of NIKKOR Z MC 105mm f / 2.8 VR S

June 17, 2021 Product Information

Thank you for your continued patronage of Nikon products.

We have received a large number of reservations for the Nikkor lens “NIKKOR Z MC 105mm f / 2.8 VR S”, which is scheduled to be released on June 25, 2021 (Friday).

We may not be able to deliver the product on the day of release to some customers who are currently making reservations.
In addition, it may take some time for the product to be delivered to customers who make reservations in the future, as it will be delivered in sequence.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused to customers who are waiting for our products.
We will do our utmost to deliver the product as soon as possible, and we appreciate your understanding.” (source: Nikon Japan)

This is a first for me. A new product, particularly one which hasn’t been released, being discounted. I was going to wait for the Christmas sales, even then there is no guarantee, particularly if the product is in short supply, it would be discounted.

Where have you seen a discounted price? Don't see that here in the U.S.

Here in Australia the financial year ends on the 30th June. There are sales happening all over. Most resellers have a lower price on this lens than recommended retail price. One reseller has an additional discount.

Real Name
Aaron
Lowest price I find is USD 996.95. And the lens hood is an extra purchase at USD 54.95!

Perhaps they take the lens hood out of the box, then make up whatever profit they are losing on the lens by selling the hood as a 'required' accessory?

Nikon will only honor warranties on products purchased through their authorized dealers. I'd bet the seller with the low price and separate lens hood is NOT an authorized dealer, probably selling grey market imports...

FYI, from B&H:

Screen Shot 2021-06-20 at 12.08.11.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
Screen Shot 2021-06-20 at 12.08.54.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Latest threads

Top Bottom