Two Nikon P5000 questions

Discussion in 'Other Cool Gear, Camera Bags, Camera Straps' started by DABO, Jun 20, 2007.

1. DABO

DABO

Jan 13, 2006
    I needed (a/k/a wanted) a P&S, so, despite my reservations about the slow focus and no manual focus, I got a P5000. My first question is about the focussing - I'm having a hard time doing it. I've taken both casual and set shots, indoors and outdoors, and I have a much-too-high percentage of out of focus shots. For every shot I pre-focussed by holding the shutter halfway down before tripping the shutter. What is the technique I should use to get in-focus shots?

Second question: I'm planning to use this camera around water - rafting, swimming, etc. I'm looking at the Dicapac - http://coolcameracases.com/product_info.php?cPath=30&products_id=31

Anybody here ever use one?

DAB

2. Mike's D50

Mike's D50

Jul 16, 2006
    Every nikon P&S I ever had will always take blurry as hell shots.

3. Jez

Jez

Jun 22, 2005
    UK
    I must have a really bad one then.... :wink:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Both taken on a P5000.

DAB - I use the same technique as you, although I wouldn't use it on anything moving too fast. Can you post some examples? Can't help on the waterproof case as I prefer dry land!