Two of my favorite shots....

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by Commodorefirst, Nov 28, 2005.

1. Commodorefirst

Commodorefirst Admin/Moderator Administrator

May 1, 2005
    Missouri
    I don't believe I posted these images here before, these were taken before my join date last spring, but these shots continue to be two of my favorite shots I have ever taken.

They were taken only 50 yds away from each other, facing different directions, one in winter (obviously) and one in very early spring-late winter (the sunset/wetland shot)

Funny how a location can provide two completely different images. The serenity shot I waited for over an hour to get the "perfect" light, while the cold picnic was a hop out of the car in the 3 degree weather, take a a quick series of shots and then back in the car! Both were taken handheld, even though I prefer tripods for my serious landscape attempts, but just goes to show it is more important to have a camera than a tripod!

First one is called "cold picnic", second is called "Serenity"

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Cheers,

Wade

2. merlin50

merlin50

Nov 5, 2005
    Chicagoland
    I like them both for different reasons!

Dave

3. Wade,

Great shots. I like the colors in the 2nd one and B&W are always my favorites.

God Bless,
    David

4. I really like the sunset shot, Wade. Nice colors!

5. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    I really love the sunset color as well. Just beautiful.

I am just not much into B/W...

6. I can certainly see why you favor them. Very strong images, both of them.
    Dave

7. I vote for the first one.. a stark image...

8. heiko

heiko

May 15, 2005
    Israel
    Excellent pictures - both of them.

9. RForshey

RForshey Guest

I'm partial to the first one as well. Very nicely done..

10. Commodorefirst

May 1, 2005
    Missouri
    Dave, David, Kevin,

thanks for looking, almost off the page and then boom, a bunch of repsonses, and a lot more viewings, thanks gentlemen, your time and comments is much appreciated.

Wade

11. Commodorefirst

May 1, 2005
    Missouri
    thanks, Gale and Dave,

by the way, how do you all get so many many posts in just a year, I feel like I am here all the time, post all the time, and wish I could spend more time here, yet only have a few hundred since midyear.
    :smile:

Cheers,

Wade

12. Commodorefirst

May 1, 2005
    Missouri
    yes, I find that folks like one or the other or both, If I had to decide I couldn't.

thanks for looking,

Wade

13. FishSauce

FishSauce

Aug 10, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Very nice, I like both of them