Two oldies come back to Daddy

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by Frits, Sep 15, 2008.

1. I have always sort of regretted selling two of my very best Ai-S lenses.
    I guess that I did get over it, but the arrival of FX made me hunt for these again.
    The last couple of days have been very fruitful (good ole' eBay :eek:) and both are on their way to me :smile:. Excellent copies of:

- Ai-S 35mm f/1.4
    - Ai-S 50mm f/1.2

Again, my motivation is my expectation of these in full frame - should be awesome (it better be!)

Some free advice for those on the fence for these: get them while the getting is good. These lenses command a (relatively) hefty dollar already, but as FX becomes more common I expect them to increase in $$$ some more (remember, you heard it first here :biggrin:).

2. arela

arela

Jan 15, 2008
    Norway
    Happy ending :)
    I try to convice myself that my AF 35 f/2 is as good as the f/1.4
    The AI 50mm f/1.2 has been with me since early 1990's - and will stay!

3. I am on the prowl for the 50mm f1.2, missed a small window recently and regretted not buying it at the time. the search continues.

4. Nuteshack

Nuteshack Guest

good word Frits .....so, u pick up an FX yet?

5. Nope, not yet. Dunno when either, but the day will come - and these two beauties will be there waiting for it :smile:.

6. I was glad to get rid of all of my MF lenses two years ago, including the two that you just purchased.

7. Nuteshack

Nuteshack Guest

ya same here....the Ai-S 35mm f/1.4 will prolly be the one for me:cool:

8. I had both (and a number of other Ai-S lenses) and sold them over the last year or so. I am fine with that, except for these two - I miss them and expect good things with FX.