Two oldies come back to Daddy

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by Frits, Sep 15, 2008.

1. I have always sort of regretted selling two of my very best Ai-S lenses.
    I guess that I did get over it, but the arrival of FX made me hunt for these again.
    The last couple of days have been very fruitful (good ole' eBay :eek: ) and both are on their way to me :smile:. Excellent copies of:

- Ai-S 35mm f/1.4
    - Ai-S 50mm f/1.2

Again, my motivation is my expectation of these in full frame - should be awesome (it better be!)

Some free advice for those on the fence for these: get them while the getting is good. These lenses command a (relatively) hefty dollar already, but as FX becomes more common I expect them to increase in $$$ some more (remember, you heard it first here :biggrin:) .

2. arela

arela

Jan 15, 2008
    Norway
    Happy ending :) 
    I try to convice myself that my AF 35 f/2 is as good as the f/1.4
    The AI 50mm f/1.2 has been with me since early 1990's - and will stay!

3. I am on the prowl for the 50mm f1.2, missed a small window recently and regretted not buying it at the time. the search continues.

4. Nuteshack

Nuteshack Guest

good word Frits .....so, u pick up an FX yet?

5. Nope, not yet. Dunno when either, but the day will come - and these two beauties will be there waiting for it :smile:.

6. I was glad to get rid of all of my MF lenses two years ago, including the two that you just purchased.

7. Nuteshack

Nuteshack Guest

ya same here....the Ai-S 35mm f/1.4 will prolly be the one for me:cool: 

8. I had both (and a number of other Ai-S lenses) and sold them over the last year or so. I am fine with that, except for these two - I miss them and expect good things with FX.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.