Two orchids for viewing

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by daodang, Feb 9, 2005.

1. Two orchids to enjoy
    Cheers

2. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Very lovely Dao. I like the framing actions too. Are those your design?

Regards,

Frank

3. Hi Frank,
    yes it's my design. Thanks for viewing.

4. Dao -

Interesting treatment of the background on the second shot. I like that, although I'm also seeing what appears to be a motion blur. Is that part of the effect, or did the wind nudge the orchid when you got the shot?

5. Beautiful images Dao. I was wondering what the background is in #2, I can't quite figure it out.

6. Hi David,

You got it right. It's motion blur. After isolating the background, I made it a bit noisy (using the noise filter) then applied a motion blur to create the effect. What I was trying to do is to making the background looking as it is behind a semi-translucent papyrus.

Thanks for the comment.

Respect

7. Hi Gordon,

In the original picture, the background was the parts of another orchid flower, leaves and stems. I isolated it then applied the following transformations:
    1. put some noise in it (add noise filter)
    2. create the blur effect usint motion blur filter
    3. finally, colorize it red using a hue/saturation layer with colorize checked

That's one of my «cheating» ways to isolate the positive space (main subject) from the negative one (the suroundings) when I can't do it directly with the original.

Sincere respect, my friend.

8. Very interesting Dao, I wish you were close by I would like to meet and learn from you. You have a lot to share and do it in a very quite way. Thanks.

9. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Dao,

How was the surgery and how are you doing.

I love the effect. I was able to get a similar effect, but on a smaller area, with the liquify tool.

All very nicely done.

The first frame seems to clash a bit or distract from the gorgeous Orchid, which I have forgotten the name of.

The second frame is perfect to me for that beautiful Orchid, adding to the image.

(what was mentioned in another post, women see a bit different) :>))

Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Regards
    Gale

10. Gale, a warm thank for your concern. I'm recover finely from my surgery. I can see clearly with my right eye now.

The orchid in picture #1 is a Lindleyanum phragmipedium.