Two Pano's First attempt

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by Ppub101, Oct 13, 2005.

1. Ppub101

Ppub101

Oct 10, 2005
    Asheville NC
    Hey guys, this is my first real attempt at making panoramics with my new D70s. I think they turned out pretty good but then again i could be wrong :biggrin: . So please tell me what you think, Any critique or feeback would be great.

The first shot is only 2 images that i sitched together.
    WaterFall-Pano.

This is actually 6 photos that I took at crazy angles to create the feeling of a fisheye or wideangle lens. I thinks its crazy. I am sure its not technically correct in any way, but I love the feeling that this image gives.
    Forrest-Pano.

So pleas let me know how you feel, Thank You
    Paul

2. paul, I like the first image very much. I too kind of like the effect in the second image, but it is inconsistant from left to right (the effect) and therefore is distracting to the eye. I live these deep wood images so keep em coming, you had a great day for shooting.
    Dave

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    I really like them both.
    I do like the effect of the second one.
    Good imagination.
    I think what may be distracting in the second is the bright patch...
    May a bit of PS playing could fix :>))

Couple of cool glow action at

www.atncentral.com might try.

I love to play with them and different things. Paint with light is really cool to.
    Takes some time to get real good with it though.

Find thread here at DPR retouching forum.. I hang around there all the time. Some really great PS gurus there.

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1006&message=11650687

Have some fun :>))

Doug Barber used to be there at one time helping us alot. But he is off to different ventures now. He is sorely missed for sure. Feivel is badly missed as well. But they have gone to other fields so to speak.

4. Ppub101

Ppub101

Oct 10, 2005
    Asheville NC

Very nice, thank you for teh great websites. Also thank you guys for the comments.

5. jkamphof

jkamphof Guest

I really like the second shot. Even though the eye wanders and it has distractions it doesn't confuse or destroy the mood. It is a good shot where a lost focal point seems not to matter to much. They turned out very well.

Joel.

6. I like them both, Paul. The 2nd one is a bit 'weird' but I like the mood. Well done.

7. Keaka

Keaka

Oct 13, 2005
    Richmond BC
    I like #1, but the distortion on the right side of #2 is a little distracting to the image. You nailed the mood part of it though. Good job.

8. BigPixel

BigPixel Guest

Paul gets another A+.....A vertical pano? Nice Bra. And the second manipulated image is nice too. The large white void left seems to work pretty well in this asymetrical comp. If it were mine, I'd bring it down a notch with CS highlight recovery....but it's not mine. :rolleyes:

9. Ppub101

Ppub101

Oct 10, 2005
    Asheville NC

How do you do the "Highlight recovery", I have Adobe CS2 and I would love to have more information on this. Thank you
    Paul