Two 'Pictures' for Yellowstone

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jarrell, Sep 29, 2005.

1. Jarrell

Jarrell

Feb 13, 2005
    Macon, Ga.
    Or the Yellowstone National Park area, I should say. Neither is a 'straight' photograph, as you can see. The first is of a westerner I came across, overlayed on a shot of bison photographed within the park..
    I remember the picture of the man was taken with my Nikon 5700 in a kinda sneaky manner. The bison, I think... with my D100.
    The second picture was made with the D100 and Sigma 70-200mm lens @ 200mm. The image was worked over in Photo Shop, Painter 7 and various plugins for PS. I don't think I could do the same thing again if I had to.. :)
    The third... opps.. I said two didn't I.. but there is a third that was done in the same manner as the second. It is of a water fall within the park, I forget its name...
    Well, that's it. I hope you like them. It's truly a photographers paradise of a place and I hope to return one day when the weather is better and only my wife and myself are along.
    Jarrell

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Hi Jarrel,
    Great to see some of your work again.

Excellent images and treatmet of them.

3. huskey8

huskey8

Feb 22, 2005
    These are some really nice pictures sir I have never been to the park but seeing your images makes me want to go there. The third one is my favorite what a great job you did with it. Thank you for sharing.

4. Jarrell

Jarrell

Feb 13, 2005
    Macon, Ga.
    Thank you Gale and Richard, I appreciate it. Richard, the park really is a unique place and I hope that one day you'll go there. I think you'd really like it!
    Jarrell

5. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Your usual excellence, Jarrell. Well thought out shots and pp'ing. Really like the comp shot of the cowboy!

6. Nice renditions of a great area. Never been there but hope to go there myself one day. The world is simply too big.
    Cheers

7. Hi Jarrell, I really like these shots! They're phenomenal!! But then I don't think I've ever seen a bad shot posted by you. Hope you'll continue to share your knowledge.

8. Jarrell

Jarrell

Feb 13, 2005
    Macon, Ga.
    I appreciate your interest in the pictures! Unfortunately, it rained about half the time we were there. Well, I very cool drizzle/sprinkle would be more accurate. I'd love to see the place in the snow! It must be awesome.
    Jarrell

9. JamesMor

JamesMor

Jun 28, 2005
    New York
    Hi Jarell,

Those first two shots are great. I particularly like the portrait. It reminds me of 'Old Jackson.' I find it quite stirring. The picture of the Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone is very good - but seems a bit saturated to me. Did you punch up the colors a bit? Yellowstone is one of my favorite places on earth and I hope to someday move there. Your photos make it more palpable. :)

Thanks!

-JM