Two roses in my garden

Hey all,

This is my first post in the Cafe so I hope you enjoy. I took these over the past week now that my roses are finally starting to bloom. I know a lot of people like color in their Nature shots but I prefer B&W. They were taken with a D80 and the Sigma 70-300mm w/monopod. Let me know what you think.

Rose_2_SIG.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

RoseBW_Sig.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

both of these look fantastic to me. the details are very crisp and really pop out. i would imagine color selection with these shots would look great (that is, in case you don't know, making everything black and white except for one portion or one color)

the shadows in #1 seem just a bit distracting, but that may just be me. both of these are superb captures; well done!

Love the rose...it's beautiful. Love your frame...where did you get that? Did you create an action yourself?

Love the rose...it's beautiful. Love your frame...where did you get that? Did you create an action yourself?

Thanks Seneca. I do it the long (easy way) in Photoshop. I just change the canvas size with the applicable background color and create the frame. The email and copyright are custom brushes. I've been doing it like this for quite a while. I'm sure there is a macro for it but I don't know how.

the shadows in #1 seem just a bit distracting, but that may just be me. both of these are superb captures; well done!

It might be my monitor. I just purchased a new one and I've noticed my levels are off on other computers. Thanks for the comments!

These are both gorgeous shots but I like the length in #1, looks so so good... And welcome Johnny to thew Cafe, a great debut!

Thanks!

Very nice, they're so sharp and contrasty

Thanks for sharing and welcome to the cafe

Welcome
Nice Images, like 1 but the dark area at the bottom, still strong image 2 is only my second because one of them had too be, thanks for sharing.

Darrell

Latest threads

Top Bottom