Two shots from a really ugly lens...

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by 3stones, May 7, 2005.

1. I jost got a really ugly lens. Everytime I look at it and I think of the title picture in Bjorn's lens page (http://www.naturfotograf.com/index2_nPC.html). I think my new lens might have been fallen out of his trunk. :wink:

Looking at these two pictures, the lens seems ok. :D

original.

View attachment 8308

Both were shot with D2H and handheld. Any idea these wild flowers are called? Thanks for reading and viewing.

2. Yes looks like the lens is okay but what lens is it?

Martin

3. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

4. Greg

Greg

Apr 5, 2005
    Fayetteville, TN
    the purple may be a blue dogbane. If I could see more of the plant it would help. The second looks a lot like a thimbleweed but if so I think you are on the western edge of it's renage. look these up on the web and see if they are what you saw.

5. Greg, thanks for ID's. I think this one is blue dogbane,
    original.

The unknown flower is about 8-10 inch tall. Unfortunately, I don't have a whole plant shot. Here is another close-up,

View attachment 8310

6. Paul was correct. The lens used was Nikkor 60mm micro and it's beat-up pretty badly. Fortunately, the glasses look clean.

I got it recently from Keh.com. So be careful when you buy used stuff and you really have no idea what you'll get.