Two shots from a really ugly lens...

I jost got a really ugly lens. Everytime I look at it and I think of the title picture in Bjorn's lens page (http://www.naturfotograf.com/index2_nPC.html). I think my new lens might have been fallen out of his trunk. :wink:

Looking at these two pictures, the lens seems ok. :D

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

View attachment 8308

Both were shot with D2H and handheld. Any idea these wild flowers are called? Thanks for reading and viewing.

the purple may be a blue dogbane. If I could see more of the plant it would help. The second looks a lot like a thimbleweed but if so I think you are on the western edge of it's renage. look these up on the web and see if they are what you saw.

Greg said:
the purple may be a blue dogbane. If I could see more of the plant it would help. The second looks a lot like a thimbleweed but if so I think you are on the western edge of it's renage. look these up on the web and see if they are what you saw.
Greg, thanks for ID's. I think this one is blue dogbane,
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

The unknown flower is about 8-10 inch tall. Unfortunately, I don't have a whole plant shot. Here is another close-up,

View attachment 8310

Paul was correct. The lens used was Nikkor 60mm micro and it's beat-up pretty badly. Fortunately, the glasses look clean.

I got it recently from Keh.com. So be careful when you buy used stuff and you really have no idea what you'll get.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom