Two stories high a hike

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by Elf_8, Jul 20, 2005.

1. Just two little amazing stories hiking up a hill last week.
    The first is told by the ferns growing from under a rock, it tells somethnig about survival on the edge.
    29114333-L.
    Nikon COOLPIX8800
    2005/07/13 17:21:14
    JPEG (8-bit) Fine
    Image Size: 3264 x 2448
    Color
    Converter Lens: None
    Focal Length: 15mm
    Exposure Mode: Aperture Priority
    Metering Mode: Center-Weighted
    1/11 sec - F/3.2
    Exposure Comp.: 0 EV
    Sensitivity: ISO 50
    White Balance: Auto
    AF Mode: AF-S
    Tone Comp.: Contrast (-)
    Flash Sync Mode: Not Attached
    Digital Zoom Ratio: 1.00
    Saturation comp: 0
    Sharpening: Normal
    Noise Reduction: Off

The second story is one from a tree that hangs on by growing its roots as far as needed. Beyond it, opens a path of light.

29114323-L.
    Nikon COOLPIX8800
    2005/07/13 16:49:04
    JPEG (8-bit) Fine
    Image Size: 2448 x 3264
    Color
    Converter Lens: None
    Focal Length: 8.9mm
    Exposure Mode: Aperture Priority
    Metering Mode: Center-Weighted
    1/9.4 sec - F/5.6
    Exposure Comp.: -0.7 EV
    Sensitivity: ISO 50
    White Balance: Auto
    AF Mode: AF-S
    Tone Comp.: Contrast (-)
    Flash Sync Mode: Not Attached
    Digital Zoom Ratio: 1.00
    Saturation comp: 0
    Sharpening: Normal
    Noise Reduction: Off

2. Hmm, I think the second is the story of my life lately. I've had a lot of challenges of late, and that photo really speaks to me. Thanks for sharing.

3. Very nice Christian, i like black and white.

4. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Oh yeah - that tree in black and white is great! Really looks like B&W should. The ferns are a nice use of color too, but the roots are da bomb.

5. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Christian I like them both and the story they tell. Sometimes I think grew out of the bottom of a rock :>)))

and determined to see the light as the roots help to hold me up.

6. I am late in responding. I was out for a little vacation, bicycling along the Gatineau River. It's a soothing sign when mundane things start to have a positive meaning to you.

7. Thanks Chris. Really wish I had a little more DR on the B&W though. I keep my F/N80 just for that, but I'm a little too lazy (and environmentally conscious) to drain my own chemicals, so I use the chromogenic films.

8. Gale, as it is, you've got to be of the sturdiest. Keep on hangin'on.