TX Hill Country Fall Colors Pt 2 - Lost Maples

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by JeffKohn, Nov 13, 2005.

1. JeffKohn

JeffKohn

Apr 21, 2005
    Houston, TX
    Here are some images from the second stop on my trip to the Hill Country last weekend, at Lost Maples State Natural Area (first stop can be found here). It was really neat to see the coloring in the maples, very different from the typical fall colors here. I don't think I came away with images as good as from Garner SP park though, partly because of the time of day I was there and also I think the trailside terrain just didn't hold as much potential for interesting compositions as the Frio River did. Or maybe I was just getting tired and didn't use my creative eye as much, who knows. Even so it was a worthwhile trip and I enjoyed the hike (would have enjoyed the hills even more if I had carried a little less photo gear and a little more water though).

Click on any image for PBase page with shooting info, or you can see the whole gallery here. As always, comments/critiques/feedback welcome.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  2. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

Great fall colors there Jeff...

3. JeffKohn

JeffKohn

Apr 21, 2005
    Houston, TX
    Thanks Dave.

4. Jeff...These pictures are stunning. I really like the fall colors.

5. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Beautiful colors , great images.
    Will have to snoop in the gallery :>))

Don't have no stinkin colors in Florida :<( Green or brown

6. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Beautiful Gallery of images. I enjoyed. Thank You for sharing.

7. Vienna Pics

Vienna Pics

Nov 14, 2005
    Virgnia
    Fall is my favorate season - it is so dramatic going from such a colorful fall to a bleak bare winter. I love the last photo of the single tree - all are great shots!!

8. JeffKohn

JeffKohn

Apr 21, 2005
    Houston, TX
    Melissa, Gale, and Vienna Pics, thanks for the feedback I appreciate it.

I know how you feel, not much fall color in my part of the state either, had to drive 4.5 hours each way to get these pics. But at least we don't have any stinkin snow in the winter, either, right? :biggrin:

9. RFCGRAPHICS

RFCGRAPHICS

Apr 30, 2005
    Love the first image. The crossroads into the trees.

Thanks for posting

Regards

RFC