1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Typhoon Mangkhut

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Phil K, Sep 16, 2018.

1. i am safe. We have typhoons every year and this one is the strongest and most scary I have experienced. The whole concrete building is shaking and there are objects flying around. Many trees are down and flooding in low lying areas. Waves up to 3 stories high are seen in the harbour. The road outside my home is like a battlefield. Sorry for the poor quality, I took it with a cellphone through the window.
    upload_2018-9-16_12-25-52.jpeg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Pray for all who are affected by Florence and Mangkhut.

Attached Files:

2. Commodorefirst

Commodorefirst Admin/Moderator Administrator

May 1, 2005
    Missouri
    I was thinking of you, over here we are consumed with the flooding from Florence, but I was wondering how things were going for you.

3. Please stay safe PhIl. Our prayers are for all who are in peril from these storms.

4. Stay safe, Phil ! How long will this last, normally ? I reckon in such situation everything is stopped, people can't go out to work or even shopping ??
    Take care !

5. Tinstafl

Tinstafl

Aug 6, 2008
    Virginia
    Wow stay safe. I rode out one hurricane when I had no choice and it was incredible and I don’t want to do a second.

6. Thank you guys. I am okay and my home and windows are all intact. The wind just forced some water in but it’s very minor. The typhoon just made landfall and is moving away. The wind is weakening but there is still heavy rain. We are sort of lucky that it passed by about 50 miles south of us. Looking at the damage and flooding it caused in the past 12 hours, it will be catastrophic if it’s a direct hit.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Glad to hear that you made it through ok. Stay safe in the aftermath of the storm.

8. Glad you are safe and well, and haven't lost your curiosity! Nice to know the internet is built to take a beating too.

9. McQ

McQ Just your average, everyday moderator. Moderator

Phil, so glad to hear you're unharmed. That storm is truly terrifying. I've been watching some news coverage of it. Horrific.

Stay safe!

10. Whew, a relief to know you are safe and OK, Phil!!! I imagine that it will take a while for the city to return to normal. Hong Kong was very fortunate overall....

11. kilofoxtrott

kilofoxtrott European Ambassador Moderator

Dec 29, 2011
    Tettnang, Germany
    Thank God, Phil.
    My family in the Philippines had luck too.

Regards
    Klaus

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.