1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

U.S. Civil War Medicine

Discussion in 'People' started by Gr8Tr1x, Apr 14, 2007.

1. Gr8Tr1x

Gr8Tr1x Guest

I was at Latta Plantation this afternoon afternoon after shooting at the Raptor Center. While my pics of the birds are still uploading to my desktop from my laptop, I thought I'd process a few of the living history civil war medicine re-inactors. They were from a military hospital unit in the NC 13th regiment (that's the Confederacy to you and me). These guys were really neat and I learned quite a bit from them. I hope that you enjoy them...I tried to impart a bit of grit and dirt to the images...

143631654-L.

143632414-L.

143631190-L.

143632966-L.

143633596-L.

143635135-L.

143636094-L.

D200, 17-55mm DX, SB800

2. Magnificent post processing, excellent portraits. The first and the fourth photo are my favorite !!!

3. Ottrott's Human

Ottrott's Human

May 21, 2006
    USA
    Josh,
    These are so phenomenal. You really have a knack for this style of shooting. I'm a Civil War buff too so if you ever want to meet up at a re-enactment for a meet-and-shoot just drop me a line. I think it would be a blast to shoot one of these with you.

Great stuff!!!

4. Excellent work! Some of the best PP I've seen lately. Well done!

5. Gr8Tr1x

Gr8Tr1x Guest

Cool Stuart! That'd be awesome. Thanks for the nice comments. Maybe we can make a Nikoncafe event out of it. Heres a link to a schedule of events.

6. Ottrott's Human

Ottrott's Human

May 21, 2006
    USA
    Have you ever been the the Sharpsburg re-enactment in MD? I see that one is scheduled for September. I imagine that's a pretty big production. Maybe we can pencil that one in?? We could meet at my place near I-40 and drive up together....make an overnight trip out of it. Woody might enjoy this too and I bet we could get Eric to come from Charlotte.

Give it some thought and let me know.

7. Gr8Tr1x

Gr8Tr1x Guest

I've never been to any big re-inactment. That sounds like fun, lets keep it in mind.

8. Joshua.......... a truly outstanding series!

Great, great work! :cool: 

G

9. Wow Josh.. Sorry I couldn't stay for this. Wonderful work..

10. These are all excellent and moving shots Joshua. I'm impressed.

11. WOW! Awsome photos! My cousin does re-enactment on the confederate side, my sister does the anebellum and I'm into Victorian! Too bad I don't have some photos to share! Wonderful! I'd love to do some photography at one of these myself! Keep em comin!

12. WOW!! Some of the best post processing to fit the image message I have ever seen.
    I would like to consider joining you all for the chance to shoot one of these events.

13. dtbh

dtbh

Mar 9, 2006
    Malaysia
    Great work Joshua! I must have been a lot of fun. I would love to shoot one of these events one of these days too. :cool: 

14. Gr8Tr1x

Gr8Tr1x Guest

Thanks Eric. They will be there tomorrow...if the weather is nice.

Thanks Gordon.

I'd love to see some photos if you ever take any.

Wow, thanks.

I appreciate the comment.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.