U.S. Civil War Medicine

G

Gr8Tr1x

I was at Latta Plantation this afternoon afternoon after shooting at the Raptor Center. While my pics of the birds are still uploading to my desktop from my laptop, I thought I'd process a few of the living history civil war medicine re-inactors. They were from a military hospital unit in the NC 13th regiment (that's the Confederacy to you and me). These guys were really neat and I learned quite a bit from them. I hope that you enjoy them...I tried to impart a bit of grit and dirt to the images...

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

D200, 17-55mm DX, SB800

Josh,
These are so phenomenal. You really have a knack for this style of shooting. I'm a Civil War buff too so if you ever want to meet up at a re-enactment for a meet-and-shoot just drop me a line. I think it would be a blast to shoot one of these with you.

Great stuff!!!

G

Gr8Tr1x

Josh,
These are so phenomenal. You really have a knack for this style of shooting. I'm a Civil War buff too so if you ever want to meet up at a re-enactment for a meet-and-shoot just drop me a line. I think it would be a blast to shoot one of these with you.

Great stuff!!!
Cool Stuart! That'd be awesome. Thanks for the nice comments. Maybe we can make a Nikoncafe event out of it. Heres a link to a schedule of events.

Have you ever been the the Sharpsburg re-enactment in MD? I see that one is scheduled for September. I imagine that's a pretty big production. Maybe we can pencil that one in?? We could meet at my place near I-40 and drive up together....make an overnight trip out of it. Woody might enjoy this too and I bet we could get Eric to come from Charlotte.

Give it some thought and let me know.

G

Gr8Tr1x

Have you ever been the the Sharpsburg re-enactment in MD? I see that one is scheduled for September. I imagine that's a pretty big production. Maybe we can pencil that one in?? We could meet at my place near I-40 and drive up together....make an overnight trip out of it. Woody might enjoy this too and I bet we could get Eric to come from Charlotte.

Give it some thought and let me know.
I've never been to any big re-inactment. That sounds like fun, lets keep it in mind.

WOW! Awsome photos! My cousin does re-enactment on the confederate side, my sister does the anebellum and I'm into Victorian! Too bad I don't have some photos to share! Wonderful! I'd love to do some photography at one of these myself! Keep em comin!

WOW!! Some of the best post processing to fit the image message I have ever seen.
I would like to consider joining you all for the chance to shoot one of these events.

Great work Joshua! I must have been a lot of fun. I would love to shoot one of these events one of these days too. :cool:

G

Gr8Tr1x

Wow Josh.. Sorry I couldn't stay for this. Wonderful work..
Thanks Eric. They will be there tomorrow...if the weather is nice.

These are all excellent and moving shots Joshua. I'm impressed.
Thanks Gordon.

WOW! Awsome photos! My cousin does re-enactment on the confederate side, my sister does the anebellum and I'm into Victorian! Too bad I don't have some photos to share! Wonderful! I'd love to do some photography at one of these myself! Keep em comin!
I'd love to see some photos if you ever take any.

WOW!! Some of the best post processing to fit the image message I have ever seen.
I would like to consider joining you all for the chance to shoot one of these events.
Wow, thanks.

Great work Joshua! I must have been a lot of fun. I would love to shoot one of these events one of these days too. :cool:
I appreciate the comment.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom