1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

U Want Fries w/ That? Samantha Brown @ Kelly's (Revere Beach)

Discussion in 'People' started by Aqualung, Jul 20, 2008.

1. I was at Revere Beach today to meet up w/ some fellow shooters to take pics of the New England Sand Sculpture Contest...We decided to meet at Kelly's Roast Beef, a landmark, known for its seafood as well as roast beef sandwiches.

I got there and saw some folks milling about w/ video cams, then I saw a Travel Channel filming notice. I remember Rachel Ray did a segment here last year, so didn't know who it was.

Imagine my surprise when I got in line and it turned out to be Samantha Brown...spied her in the kitchen. I am a fan of her "Passport to Europe" show...and she has a new one, "Weekend in ....".

Well, she was filming one for Boston. Dunno when it will air, probably Fall or Winter?

The original Kelly's
    kellys%20roast%20beef.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

In the kitchen
    samantha-brown-jul-19-08-10.jpg

Stepped across the street and shot paparazzi style w/ my 70-200...
    samantha-brown-jul-19-08-12.jpg

Serving a customer
    samantha-brown-jul-19-08-15.jpg

samantha-brown-jul-19-08-21.jpg

Stepping outside after
    samantha-brown-jul-19-08-36.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  2. Great shot! I love Samantha Brown. I've followed her travel shows for years. She has an incredible sense of humor. What a great opportunity. Good thing it wasn't me...I'd have embarrassed her with my compliments for her series.

3. frede

frede

Dec 9, 2006
    Princeton, NJ
    Very cool Chris. I also like SB - talk about being at the right place at the right time!

4. Great story and great series! How fun. Ironically, my sister just called me last weekend and said she was in the grocery store and they saw Michael Simon. Her young boys were thrilled since they watch the Cooking Channel all the time. Simon is the winner of the recent Iron Chef reality series where they named a new Iron Chef and has been slated to take over as host of Dinner: Impossible. He is a Cleveland chef and owns a restaurant that my cousin works in. He was incredibly friendly with my sister and my nephews and when they didn't have anything for him to sign, he told them to send an e-mail to my cousin and he would mail some stuff to them. How cool is that?

5. thanks guys! yeah, I'm a big fan of SB too, always liked her Passport shows. Not 100% sure if they're going by the wayside, in favor of this new one or not.

6. Well, you've got Rick Steves, The savvy traveler and the Globe Trekker series. You can only do Tuscany or Paris so many times..although I'd personally watch a new one on the same subject any time.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.