UAE at night

Here are a few night shots from around Dubai at night (I'm trying hard here not to post shots from previous threads so bear with me)

As soon as I got my first DSLR I was hooked on night photography. Mainly because summer was coming and the temperatures dropped to a bearable 90f at night, plus lots of architecture is lit up nicely. Here are some of my attempts:

1 - Oceana Apartments, The Palm

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2 - Dubai Marina

3 - Dubai Marina

4 - The Beast (unfortunately with spray still hanging in the atmosphere after the Dubai Fountain had stopped dancing)

5 - Parking outside Dubai Mall

6 - Business Bay Bridge

7 - Umm Sequiem Mosque

8 - Yas Hotel, Abu Dhabi

9 - Jumeirah Beach Residence

10 - Bastakiya Nights restaurant

Damn the humidity in some of the summer shots!

These are all really fantastic, I think #6 and #9 really stand out as my favorites. Thanks for sharing your city that I will probably never get to see otherwise!

No minivans! The Ferrari California had just been released when that white one was parked outside. There were literally hundreds of tourists draped over it for a shot. Personally I would have parked it somewhere else but Emiratis like to show off while they shop!

The cars you see here are like nothing else. You get used to it after a while but it's car heaven. I came out of one hotel after dinner and saw 2 x Veyrons, 1 x Enzo, 2 x McClaren Mercs and 2 x Lambourghinis. Those were just parked outside by the taxi rank!

That deserves a seperate thread all of it's own - I'll have to focus on the cars!

Phil, how long are you there for?
Quite a while I'm assuming from your username.

I'm in Jeddah and need to take a quick trip out of KSA for my visa and wasn't thinking highly of Dubai as a photographic destination until I saw your images. I'd be interested to pick your brain for a recommended location for a two day stay and some good locations to shoot from.

Hi WillyPete

I've been here for 6 years now so know my way around.

I've just answered your questions in the other thread. There's plenty on offer in Dubai, especially at night. There's a few more on page 2 or 3 of the Wonderlust forum on here to see if you'd be interested in visiting the UAE.

Depending on when you're visiting, I'm always interested in having a photo buddy. Even if it is to just carry around your D3 and 300 F2.8! :smile:

Lol. I wish I had a 300 2.8.
Unfortunately I just have fast glass up to 70mm at the mo. I have the 70-300 vr for long shots. Don't really need anything faster in this sun.

That's why I'm in Saudi on contract, I have to get the 70-200 or 200-400 somehow.
Unfortunately the missus thinks it's to buy her a new bathroom.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom