UDT/SEAL Muster 2005

Discussion in 'People' started by Backdoctor, Nov 12, 2005.

1. went with Bernie Campoli (popeye) to the 20th Annual Muster at the SEAL museum. Here is a shot of Bernie with an old friend:

original.

Steve S let me borrow his 70-200VR, thanks Steve, got this one:

original.

these guys parachuted on a field half the size of a football field in strong winds. More to come, nap time now. I'm bushed!

2. Navy Seals are a special breed and have my utmost respect and admiration.

3. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Hey, that's Rudy from the "Survivor" show sitting with with Bernie, isn't it!? How cool is that? Neat shots Harris. You did the 70-200VR Proud! :wink:

4. I thought that was Rudy looks like you two had fun at the show.

5. They are the nicest bunch of guys you'd ever want to meet. Most of the ones I've met thru Bernie are very humble, and I too respect them a lot.

6. Thanks for letting me borrow it. What a great lens. You can zoom and focus at the same time. Tack sharp.

7. We had a blast. More shots to come, and Rudy is a neat guy. Also, the 3 star Admiral, Admiral Olsen, what a regular guy. Gave an awesome speech. This is a guy all the men respect, he started as a SEAL, and has been on missions. He knows how to lead from the field.

8. I had a very brief encounter with Rudy about 2 1/2 years ago. I was stationed in Little Creek, VA at ACB-2 (amphib. construction battalion) and I walked outside our "C" company building, turned the corner and there he was. I talked with him for about 5 minutes, just common chit chat. He is a pleasant man to meet and down to earth. He happpened to be visiting the SEAL teams that day which are right across the street from our set of buildings. It was a memorable moment.

God Bless,
    David