Uhg, times like this I hate living in FL!

J

JMartin

Just got a phone call from my step mom saying my dad is in the hospital up in Dayton, OH.

He works at the hospital and about the time his shift ended he was getting double vision and everything was blurry. They rushed him to the ER and did some tests, cat scan and an MRI. So far they have ruled out an aneurysm, but said they wouldn't know more until tomorrow.

The more we get phone calls like this, the more I think about moving back home!

Sorry to hear about you dad, Joe. I hope everything turns out ok We'll be praying for him.

I know it makes you feel helpless being so far away. Keep us informed on his condition.

Joe, if you need anything, you know how to contact me.

My thoughts and prayers will be with you, Jen, the girls and the rest of your family.

Our thoughts are with you Joe.

I know how you feel, my family lives in the Netherlands and I have gotten similar phone calls, unfortunately also the most dreaded one.

Joe, hope everything works out fine, who knows maybe your Dad is just overdoing it a bit, my Father-In-Law wont slow down for a minute. Lets hope it is something this simple, your Dad is in my prayers. - Jeff

J

JMartin

Thank you all for the kind words!

who knows maybe your Dad is just overdoing it a bit, my Father-In-Law wont slow down for a minute.
This could be a part of the problem, I have a lot of him in me when it come to work. I usually work 60 - 70 hours a week, which I thought was a lot until I talk to him and he has put in 80+!

I just got off the phone with him and he feels good, but he is still having trouble seeing. If he covers one eye, he is fine, covers the other eye, fine. He just can't see with both eyes open!

From what he was trying to explain sounds like the doctor may think it is a muscle problem and they may have to operate to "tie up" a weak eye muscle that is causing the problem :confused: I am no doctor so I have no clue!

Thanks again for all the kind words. I will let you know when I find out more.

Smack dab between the Wolverines and the Spartans
I hope it turns out to be something easily fixable and that he's well again soon. One of the things that keeps me in Michigan is its proximity to our extended families. Though we're not extremely close to any of them, they're within a few hours' drive in an emergency.

So sorry to hear that your Dad is ailing, Joe. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that the problem is simple and easily correctable.

Joe, I'm not as close as Dave, but please let me know if there's anything I can do to help. There are quite a few of us around Ohio...

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom