Uhg, times like this I hate living in FL!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JMartin, Apr 17, 2007.

1. JMartin

JMartin Guest

Just got a phone call from my step mom saying my dad is in the hospital up in Dayton, OH.

He works at the hospital and about the time his shift ended he was getting double vision and everything was blurry. They rushed him to the ER and did some tests, cat scan and an MRI. So far they have ruled out an aneurysm, but said they wouldn't know more until tomorrow.

The more we get phone calls like this, the more I think about moving back home!

2. My very best wishes that everything will be all right Joe.

3. rbsmith

rbsmith

Apr 13, 2005
    Saltillo, Ms
    Sorry to hear about you dad, Joe. I hope everything turns out ok We'll be praying for him.

I know it makes you feel helpless being so far away. Keep us informed on his condition.

4. Joe,
    My thoughts are with you and your family. It has to be hard to be that far away at a time like this.

5. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Joe, if you need anything, you know how to contact me.

My thoughts and prayers will be with you, Jen, the girls and the rest of your family.

6. pdoes

pdoes

Aug 6, 2006
    NJ, USA
    Our thoughts are with you Joe.

I know how you feel, my family lives in the Netherlands and I have gotten similar phone calls, unfortunately also the most dreaded one.

7. Joe, I'm sorry to hear about your dad and hop that everything works out alright.

8. vettenut

vettenut

Feb 27, 2006
    Tolland CT
    Joe, hope everything works out fine, who knows maybe your Dad is just overdoing it a bit, my Father-In-Law wont slow down for a minute. Lets hope it is something this simple, your Dad is in my prayers. - Jeff

9. I sure hope everything works out ok you and your family are in my thoughts

10. Hyper-Performance

Hyper-Performance

Apr 11, 2007
    SW Ohio, USA
    Dave
    Joe:

I'm about 30 minutes from Dayton. If you need anything, just shout!

11. JMartin

JMartin Guest

Thank you all for the kind words!

This could be a part of the problem, I have a lot of him in me when it come to work. I usually work 60 - 70 hours a week, which I thought was a lot until I talk to him and he has put in 80+!

I just got off the phone with him and he feels good, but he is still having trouble seeing. If he covers one eye, he is fine, covers the other eye, fine. He just can't see with both eyes open!

From what he was trying to explain sounds like the doctor may think it is a muscle problem and they may have to operate to "tie up" a weak eye muscle that is causing the problem :confused: I am no doctor so I have no clue!

Thanks again for all the kind words. I will let you know when I find out more.

12. I hope it turns out to be something easily fixable and that he's well again soon. One of the things that keeps me in Michigan is its proximity to our extended families. Though we're not extremely close to any of them, they're within a few hours' drive in an emergency.

13. bett

bett

Mar 31, 2007
    New Hampshire
    Joe,

You and your Dad are in my prayers too!

Glad you got a chance to talk to him.

Best, Roger

14. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    So sorry to hear that your Dad is ailing, Joe. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that the problem is simple and easily correctable.

15. Joe, I'm not as close as Dave, but please let me know if there's anything I can do to help. There are quite a few of us around Ohio...

16. Hang in there, Joe! Yes, it is hard when one is far away from one's family at a time like this. I hope that everything will work out with a minimum of distress and that your dad is seeing normally with both eyes again very soon!