UK 6 Hour Lawnmower Race

Last Sunday we had our local 6 hour Lawnmower Race (actually 5 hours and 55 minutes). Where teams have to clock up as many laps as possible within the time.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

What Mike said. I am familiar with lawn mower racing, but 6 hours! How many drivers? Great pics.
Hi Tom, There are no rules on amount of drivers, but there is a award if you are a single mower and driver for the most laps.

This was the winning girls team who had five drivers and completed 200 laps.

And this was the winning single driver and mower who completed 214 laps on his own.

Now that is a great way to have competition without a lot of expense! They put FUN back into racing. Great photos, they really show the action. It reminds me when Go Carts were started, before all the high tech and rules came in.

Now that is a great way to have competition without a lot of expense! They put FUN back into racing. Great photos, they really show the action. It reminds me when Go Carts were started, before all the high tech and rules came in.
Yes this is a family friendly sport, we have kids wondering around in the pits area, so everyone travels at walking speed after entering and until leaving the pit lane. Then the racing begins, plus all teams will help keep other teams going if needed, after all we are all here for a good day of racing.

Here is a quote from our facebook page from a new driver this weekend.

Karts, love them. drove for a team in Atlanta Ga. C-open IKF, went through trap at 124 MPH at peach Bowl. Awesome machine, Drove a Tesla S, and that is how the C-Open felt on take off, 44 HP and about 290 pounds.

Karts, love them. drove for a team in Atlanta Ga. C-open IKF, went through trap at 124 MPH at peach Bowl. Awesome machine, Drove a Tesla S, and that is how the C-Open felt on take off, 44 HP and about 290 pounds.
I was into them in Florida in 1960-62. Ran a "Bug" with a 5.5 hp. Tecumseh modified and it would do about 50 mph. Ran on a 1/2 mile stock car oval them everything went full competition on special tracks and ran 80 to 100 mph. No fun anymore.

I wonder how fast these mowers were running? Looks like lots of fun.

Excellent images, and feature worthy. Much thanks to a members nomination. Featured!
Well I was not expecting that, but glad that you all liked our little sport.

I wonder how fast these mowers were running? Looks like lots of fun.
On the long straights they will get up to about 40mph, which on small wheels and no suspension in a field is fast enough.

Well I was not expecting that, but glad that you all liked our little sport.

On the long straights they will get up to about 40mph, which on small wheels and no suspension in a field is fast enough.
Yes, 40 mph would be too fast for me on a mower! Next they will add suspension bars, roll cages, wings etc. Sure hope not, just enjoy!

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom