UK Rugby

Hello all.
Here's a few rugby images from Last night. C&C welcome. Regards Graham.

Dikn2o.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

W5ODeV.jpg

CaSIJE.jpg

XWxkOZ.jpg

DVUf88.jpg

If you have a long lens plenty of photogs just sit behind the dead ball line with the sun at their backs, you get one team coming at you one half and the other team the other. I don't have longer than 300mm on a D500, so I follow the play up and down the field a bit along the sidelines.

If you have a long lens plenty of photogs just sit behind the dead ball line with the sun at their backs, you get one team coming at you one half and the other team the other. I don't have longer than 300mm on a D500, so I follow the play up and down the field a bit along the sidelines.
Thank you! I’ll be shooting with my 120-300 on a D5 and sometimes with a 1.4 teleconverter.

Hello Dave. Sorry for the late reply!. As Russ says It depends on what or who your shooting for? Pure action can tbh caught from anywhere but you are limited to images due to angle/officials in shot etc.
If it's Rugby League you are shooting then deffo a "end zone" position would be best & given the gear used any centre field tackles should also record well.

If your shooting Rugby Union then that's a different kettle of fish as most of the action (other than tries), occur on the fringes ie line outs etc & so you may prefer a 3/4 side pitch spot for your favoured team. good luck & I look forward to seeing your results :)

Latest threads

Top Bottom