Ullapool Scotland.

Discussion in 'Wanderlust and Travel' started by Andyc, Jul 15, 2007.

1. Andyc

Andyc

Nov 6, 2006
    South Wales UK
    We came across crab boats unloading at the harbour in Ullapool in North West Scotland.
    I have tried to capture the unloading, sorting and transporting process. My inexperience had me snapping off at everything that moved but I hope this series gives an idea of what is involved with reasonable photographs.

The boat.

ulla5.

Unloading.

ulla9.

ulla2.

Sorting and packing.

ulla3.

ulla1.

The Catch.

ulla6.

Transporting

ulla7.

ulla8.

Thanks for looking.
    As a beginer any critique is always welcome. I seem to recall the colours were brighter while taking the photo's. Maybe photoshop could help?

Best regards
    Andy

2. _Jorge_

_Jorge_

Jul 3, 2007
    Thailand
    These ar really nice Andy. Real Life. I'm a newbie as well, but here is my honest opinion, The boat in the 1st one is just a litle bit centred but doesn't bother me at all, sharp, nice colors, well done.

#3 I can see some blur or maybe you missed the focus point, also you were using the 18-135 lens @ 40mm 1/320 F9 ISO 400. This lens is very sharp and using a larger aperture (smaller F number) you would avoid the motion blur if this is the case, anyway is not a big deal and the photo is great.

All the other ones, sharp, great colors a pleasure to see. Thanks for sharing these. Very well done.

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Great images

But you just made me hungry.. I love crab

4. Fremlin

Fremlin

Jan 29, 2006
    Scotland
    I used to go camping at Ullapool all the the time when I was a kid. Used to see loads of dolphins there.

5. Andyc

Andyc

Nov 6, 2006
    South Wales UK
    Thank you for your comments.
    Jorge, thanks I will take your comments on board and try your suggestions.

Fremlin, sorry no dolphins just a couple of seals.

Best regards
    Andy

6. Fascinating Andy. We haven't made it there despite visiting Scotland five times now.

Thanks, Rich

7. Great story! I feel like I was there and now know what's involved, at least partially! :wink:

Like the fact that the colors are very vibrant and help bring attention to the images. Being mostly a landscape photographer I have difficulty composing images that involve people in places.

Well done!