Um, oops?

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by DBrim, Jun 14, 2007.

1. DBrim

DBrim

May 30, 2007
    Boston, MA
    So I went to the camera store to get the Tokina 12-24. After looking at bags and mentioning that I was going to be housing an 18-200 in there, the employee that was helping me said, "oh, we have those in stock, here, let me pull it out for you". I guess this fits the definition of lust, because after I saw that it was in stock, and knowing how rare it was and how much I wanted it, I had to come home with it. Now my wish list is (mostly) empty, aside from filters which I couldn't afford to get yet!

2. Daniel Bates

Daniel Bates

Jan 9, 2007
    Congratulations! I see you didn't waste any time updating your signature... :)

3. I hate it when I do that too!!:tongue::eek::biggrin: Oh well, you cannot take it with you. :cool: Have fun!!!:wink:

Cheers
    Nancy

4. DBrim

DBrim

May 30, 2007
    Boston, MA
    Ha ha, of course not... I didn't spend all of that money for nothing! :biggrin:

5. and no guilt yet Daniel ?

6. DBrim

DBrim

May 30, 2007
    Boston, MA
    There is, I must admit. I'm in a touch of debt now, but that should get paid back in a couple of weeks.

7. Well then no problem. Go out and play with your toys.

8. I've done that before, too. One time I went into Ace Photo for something and while I was there idly asked if they by chance had the 70-180mm lens. Since that lens had recently been discontinued I was thinking in terms of them having it in the Used Gear section. I was startled when the sales guy said, "yep," and pulled a box off the shelf! Brand-new! Needless to say, my bank account took a bigger hit than I'd initially intended.... It's neat when something like this happens: serendipity!

9. DBrim

DBrim

May 30, 2007
    Boston, MA
    I was just initially shocked that they even had the 18-200 at all, being a fairly small local camera store. They had them in the back, not on display, so that may be why. Apparently they had a "large shipment" (around 20 I think) in earlier that day, so I got lucky! I was not looking forward to a months-long search for that lens.

10. Serendipity..... :smile:

Enjoy your new lenses!

11. Congratulations :smile: There's no real oops is there, hehe, this post was meant as an explanation to your bank account whereas your heart knew it all along you wanted both.