umbrella softbox

i was shopping around for some umbrella softboxes and was wondering why no one has made a rectangular or square shaped umbrella softbox. it will esstenially be a softbox with the ease of carrying and setting up. i have a softbox already but it's a pain to carry on location and setup so i never dismantle it.

something like this:
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

but with reflector materials inside with a white diffuser cover. i think this will be really neat if done for those who don't really like the shape of a typical umbrella and prefer rectangular/square shaped but wants to quick and easy setup. what do you guys think?

Interesting idea... until I read this thread, all I've seen is the round kind:

60" Photek Softlighter

46" Photek Softlighter

I have the 60", and it's just about as easy to setup and tear down as a standard umbrella. Is there a specific advantage to having a softbox be rectangular or square? I suppose it emulates a window better, but I know some pros that swear by an octagon softbox, which for all intents and purposes is like one of the round ones I posted.

it was just an idea i guess. the westcott one is abit pricey for its size but exactly what i was thinking.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom