Unable to change image (PBase related)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Frits, Oct 23, 2005.

1. I posted an image in another thread. Following some good comments, I changed the image in my PBase folder. Thing is, no matter what I do, the old image keeps showing here in my original post. In my PBase folder the replaced image shows fine.

See here for more: https://www.nikoncafe.com/vforums/showthread.php?p=593075#post593075

Any thoughts??

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  2. I'm assuming that if you took the old image off the PBase site ... Then what you are seeing is the (old) image cashed in your computer.
    but the rest of the world will be seeing the new one.

3. BLV

BLV

Jul 14, 2005
    NYC
    I think when you remove an image from PBase or make it private, it stays visible (if you've previously posted a link to it somewhere) for anywhere from 24-48 hours.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  4. JeffKohn

JeffKohn

Apr 21, 2005
    Houston, TX
    I think I understand what you did. You went to the "Edit Image" page for the image and updated a new image to replace the old one, so that the URL was the same and links wouldn't have to be updated.

I've noticed this same behavior, and even hitting F5 (which should force IE to re-download any graphics in the thread) doesn't seem to help.

I think it's a combination of IE caching and the way PBase handles replication of images between its servers, but I'm not sure exactly what happens. You'll probably notice that after a day or two the image will come up correctly in the thread for you. In the meantime clearing your IE cache may also solve the problem but that's a fairly drastic measure IMHO.

5. Thank you for this explanation Jeff (and for replies of others).
    After trying a number of things, I just ended up deleting the image and replacing it (with another filename, to be sure). Nothing else worked :confused: :confused: :confused: