unable to load CS2

Discussion in 'General Technical Discussion' started by dmwphoto, Nov 16, 2005.

1. I have been unable to load CS2 on my processing computer. It loaded on this computer fine but here is the email i sent to Ron R. (he built my computer). I would love to add this upgrade to CS on there but.......
    any of you "super minds" out there see any thing of value in this info please chime in
    Ron,

Thanks for the reply. I cleaned it as you suggested this evening. It still would not completely load. As soon as I select install I get “the instruction at 0x7c9105f8 blah blah the referenced memory 0x00c30010 the memory could not be read, then I close that and attempt to proceed it almost gets all the way loaded and then says error 1335 data1cab is corrupt, then I click ignore it nearly finishes loading and says internal error 2350 and it will then abort.

dave

2. Hello Dave,

Lets get started it seems a memory problem so i have some questions for you:

What computer is it about - laptop or desktop ?
    What OS you use - Windows or Mac ?
    How much memory you have in the computer ?
    And how much free hard disk space you have ?

So if you could provide us more specs about the pc and where you work with then we can maybe help you out better.

Greetings,
    Vince

3. Vince,
    Thanks for your very kind reply. I will try and give the info you need to help me.
    It is a Desktop with 2 GB of RAM and windows XP PRo, there is 1.83GB of free space on the D drive which is the target for the load.
    Thanks for trying to help.
    Dave

4. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    Dave,

Was this a downloaded copy of the upgrade to CS2?

I recall having this same issue and I redownloaded the upgrade and all was well.

Please let me know. If that is not the case, then perhaps DEP is enabled on your computer. Data Execution Prevention, I'll await your reply.

Thanks,

5. Patrick
    Thanks for jumping in. No it is the CD version tha I purchased. It is the upgrade ($149) as I already have CS on the machines. It loaded perfectly on this machine, but will not on the other. I am a computer DUMMY so while I recognize DEP I do not understand it. that is one reason I paid BIG bucks to have this built by Ron Reznick, figured I could not effectively load these programs.
    Dave

6. joecolson

joecolson

Jan 28, 2005
    Cary, NC
    Dave,

It sounds like your CD may be defective, scratched or dirty. I ran into a similar problem and solved it by copying the PS CD to another CD using Nero (a popular CD writing application). The copied CD worked without a hitch. Try wiping your CD clean using a soft cloth (no solvents) and then copying it to a blank CD. That might work.

Joe

7. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    you can not have two versions activated at the same time
    you have to deactivate one to use the other on the other machine

then when you want to use the other you have to do the same thing. and on and on
    call adobe that is what they will tell you ro go to thier site..it is well explained

8. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    PS....no it is not right
    but that is what they doooooooooo (doo doo doo)

9. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    I agree with Joe. Could be a media issue. I can mail you a copy of the upgrade files if you need them on CD.

10. You can load two computers with Adobe but you can't have them opened at the same time. I have mine on two computers and never had a problem installing it. I wish I could help you on this but I am not that good with computers. Try posting this on the retouching forum here since they use PS, they might have an answer that will help you. I only know how to use PS but not the tech stuff.

11. All of you are great! Joe was correct, but in addition to cleaning it I had to use a different CD drive too. Finally got it loaded and working thanks to all of you and a genius named Bret at adobe, he spent the last 75 minutes getting it done with me. the computer is not internet active so there were a few small issues with that as well but he never let up.
    I can not tell you all how appreciative I am of your eagerness to assist.
    Dave

12. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    Excellent! Way to go Joe!

I find it a nice escape from my daily troubleshooting of computer crap to take part in working with my friends to resolve issues. The networking of the membership here, in situations like this is one thing I really like about the Cafe.

Great work everyone!

13. Cool that it works allready. I posted before i left my house. And now i come back and your problem is fixed. Are we not a helpfull bunch of photofanatics.

Great work to all of you. And great work of your friend out there.

14. thanks again, now I have to figure out how to get the DNG converter and ACR 3.2 loaded onto some medium and transfered over to the machine. always something. this computer is not internet connected. any advice?

15. joecolson

joecolson

Jan 28, 2005
    Cary, NC
    Dave,

The Adobe DNG Converter and ACR 3.2 are small enough files to be saved to a USB flash drive. If your desktop PC is not connected to the Internet, use your other computer (the one you use for connection to the Nikon Cafe) to download the Adobe files. Save them to a flash drive and use that drive to transfer them to your desktop PC. Follow the instructions from Adobe for installation and you're set. If you have Capture installed and want to use ACR 3.2, you'll want to remove the Nikon RAW file plugin from the Photoshop CS2 folder. If you need help just let us know.

Ron Reznick and I are good friends (and shooting companions) so I know that he's built you a quality machine. I build custom PCs also (as a hobby) and have built a couple for Nikon Cafe members (Bernie Campoli and Bernie Weinzimmer). I also spent 30 years in the telecom industry with Bell Labs, so I can help in situations like those you've encountered.

Joe

16. Joe,
    Ron built me one of the fastest and best computers I have ever seen. That is why I refuse to allow it to be hooked to the internet, taking no chances on contamination or virus. I transfer my processed pictures via thumb drive and that is what I plan to do with the DNG this evening. I may ultimately have questions for you.
    Is it possible to keep Nikon capture as the primary and only use the DNG if I choose to? if not then I may not install the DNG because my workflow is well established in capture now using a number of Ron's techniques.
    I love your print exif btw.
    Dave

17. Dave Who is this Ron and what techniqies does he recommend for Nikon Capture?

18. Ron Reznik

Eric
    Ron is a member here but you can search members and look at all posts started by ron to get some feel for his work. He has an e book out that is VERY helpful with digital capture and processing techniques. his url is http://trapagon.com/Photo/photo.html
    He also builds some of the sweetest processing computers on earth.
    Dave