Unbelievable Nests

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Lou Buscher, May 15, 2007.

1. A most amazing bird the Osprey is. Too bad Mr. Poe didn’t write a poem about them also.
    Lou

499474638_1a14c8cc28_o.

499474636_3361daebb9_o.

499474634_cb9ef52efe_o.

499474632_f09d786604_o.

2. Lowolf

Lowolf

Jan 26, 2006
    Oregon
    great series of images

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Beautiful images Lou
    Look at all the "stuff" in the nest...hahahaha

4. Well, how does that saying go...."waste not, want not?" Fascinating photos!

5. Thank you Lowwolf. These are Cape Cod osprey. Try to make it every year for them. Got free houseing, my son is a math teacher there.
    Lou

6. Surprised there is no bow of a boat sticking out. Thanks Gale
    Lou

7. I guess you got that right Dianne. Some of the nests I see there (Cape Cod) are larger than some eagle nests I watch. Last year they build one accross the electric wires and caused a fire and a power failure in the town. So you know what the town did??? They got a bunch of collage kids together and placed a pole in the marsh just accross from where they built on the wires and placed a platform on the pole and you guessed it they moved right in.
    Hey thanks for the look
    Lou

8. Boy, you would think that when the lights come on, that nest would heat up! :eek:

Great shots!!!! :smile:

9. Those are excellent series of nests and birds

10. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Hey Lou
    All they have to do is throw out the fishing net.....lololhahahaha

11. It is a little funny, all that junk in the nest...but also a little sad.

12. Gretchen, When the lights come on they watch the ball game. The nest is right over the visitors seats.:rolleyes: Know what that means doncha???
    Lou

13. God Gary you can go crazy there one after the other they even have nests in town. Thanks
    Lou

14. They are without a doubt one of the best fisherman/women with wings that hover. Eagles love them. Easy catch.
    Lou

15. Jen, why would it make you feel it is sad. It makes a very strong nest.
    Lou

16. Jeff Lee

Jeff Lee

May 16, 2006
    Oregon
    Must have RAS:)

Nice images.

17. These birds are quite the architects. I have some amazing nests in the area, but they are rather unattractive with all the "man made junk" that's built into them. I've seen chicken wire, pillows, cothes, plastic bags and other unsightly "unatural" items. You've captured a nice variety of nests and definitely expresses some sense of their living conditions. Interesting set. I personally would like to see more bird and less man made nesting materials *-)

18. Osprey's are amazing nest builders.

Anthony