Unbelieveable number of GBH's today

I met Frank below Guntersville dam here in North Alabama this morning about 7:00. the morning started out fairly foggy but luckily it burned off before most of the GBH activity began.

When we first got there, there must have been 50 turkey vultures and 20 Herons until we spooked them. Didn't really matter as they were waiting for the power plant to start the water turbines and they didn't go far.. Seems the power plant turbines kills or stuns some of the fish making for easy pickings.

This shot is just a warm up until I can process more as they gave us plenty of opportunities both in flight and on the ground in typical GBH poses. there were many shots for both of us that were to close for the 300mm. once you got in place and moved minimally they tend to return to the same rocks they were on before we arrived.

Anyway, a GREAT morning with good company!

22768955-L.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

uuuhhhh huuuhhhh

LOOKS LIKE BUZZARDS TO ME !!!!!!!!

SEE YOU CAUGHT THE VERY RARE BIGGGG BUZZARD AS WELL :>)))))))))

R

Removed User 2

Those GBH are sure fun to watch! They're very common too, to my surprise. I'm not a bird shooter but they are so appealing they're almost making me a bird addict... Do you have some close shots?

Real Name
Nikon Cafe
interestingly the one on the far left is the same color as the ones on the right, hmmmn a new camoflage ploy. Thanks fot the tip!
Post more, Greg.

Hey Greg,
Looks like you had a good trip. I look forward to seeing the rest of the pics. Maybe I can make the next outing.

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom