1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Unbeliveable strobist effect

Discussion in 'Studio Equipment and Lighting' started by ciocc, Jul 30, 2008.

1. rbellphoto

rbellphoto

Jun 8, 2006
    SoCal
    They can ask any price they want, but that doesn't mean they'll get it. Looking at closed auctions, the SB-24 still sells for an average of just $80-$90.

2. That's ridiculous... I got mine for $75 a year ago.

3. DanWhite

DanWhite

Jul 10, 2005
    Lansdale PA
    KEH has them going from $126.00 - 72.00 depending on condition. Thats up quite abit from last year when I got one for $70 in LN condition

4. Lurker

Lurker

Jul 21, 2007
    NJ
    Power to the seller if he can sell it for that!

I'm always amazed how some buyers are willing to bid up to or over the new price of second hand items.

It's a great place to offload your gear, though. :biggrin:

5. jfrancis

jfrancis

May 8, 2005
    Orlando, FL
    The seller is in Germany. Chances are they pay more for everything Nikon there.

6. PeteZ28

PeteZ28

Oct 5, 2007
    Newtown, PA
    +1

The unfavorable exchange from the Euro to the Dollar probably don't help either.

7. GKR1

GKR1

Apr 19, 2007
    San Diego
    There is a local guy on my crigs list that has been listing his f100 and 2 kit lenses for $1900 for the past 6 months. Silly and stupid.

8. So if I can get a decent one for $70 delivered to my door, I shouldn't think twice, should I?

9. Casket28

Casket28 Guest

Wow, i got my sb28 for 50 bucks and its basically brand new.. with the exception of the sync cover which was gone when i got it.

Some people are just insane.

10. Matthias

Matthias

Apr 13, 2007
    Central Texas
    Stuff is more expensive over there - at the very least 1.6 times when you get a deal.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.