Uncle Pete

Discussion in 'People' started by greyflash, May 20, 2005.

1. Actually he is my brother-in-law but we all call him uncle Pete. I don't see him much but he stopped in here at my house unexpectedly yesterday on the way to another appointment north of here. I took just a minute to snap his picture and send it on to my sister. It's just a snapshot made with natural light and a little bounce fill flash. He is like most of us male members of families, there aren't many pictures taken of us so my sis was thrilled to get it. In any event, here is a picture of uncle Pete, a good guy.

2. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Good likeness of him, Gordon

You really cpatured a good shot of Pete. Sis should be very happy to get a shot like this one!

3. Thanks Steve. It was just a quickie but I thought it came out well.

4. Simon

Simon

Apr 30, 2005
    Sydney, Australia
    He actually looks like an Uncle Pete !

A nice sense in that pic too, a keeper.

5. There you go Simon. Thanks.

6. Gordon, I loved your shot of "Uncle Pete." The skin tones and lighting are sooo good!

Virginia
    aka beaucamera

7. Very nice job balancing the flash and the indor lighting what WB did yu choose for this shot?

8. Hi Mike and thanks for your comments. I used Auto and it came out pretty good.

Hey Virginia, thanks for looking and for your comments.

9. This is where experience comes in: Being able to shoot nice portraits just about anywhere with a good understanding of light...

10. Great job, Gordon. Very pleasant light and well balanced flash.
    Looks very sympathetic.
    Cheers

11. Thanks Harry and NB23, I appreciate your comments.

12. obelix

obelix

Mar 17, 2005
    Fremont, CA, USA
    Very smooth light. Well done.

13. Wonderful portrait, Gordon. You used the beautiful natural light to its full advantage.

14. Shot looks GREAT Gordon, skin tones, wb you name it. You nailed it. Im sure sis was happy to get it. Got to luv technology.

well done!
    Keith