Unconventional Portrait

Not sure if this is the proper forum for this picture, but it kind of is a portrait even though there is no face. :smile:

5677828285_f3ced51b2e_o.png
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Yes, it is interesting. If I were doing this, I would get the background light a little brighter, to better match the lightness of his hands. But even as it is, I like it.

Thanks for the feedback Linwood and seres. This was actually a self portrait. It's a little tricky getting everything positioned and composed properly when you're not behind the camera :)

I think it is very interesting and creative. Good stuff.

I am thinking I would look better if photograhed this way.

The air of 'tough guy' being portrayed by the face hidden in the shadows, hoodie, etc doesn't jive with the wedding band. Two different personalities there. Clone out the band and see if it doesn't change your view.

Creative lighting - well done IMO.

Thanks Daryl...I know what you mean, that's why I try to stay behind the camera a majority of the time :biggrin:

Sandi, I see what you're saying about the wedding band. I've grown so used to it I always forget it's there. It's all about the details! Thanks for the feedback.

Jon

Great shot, ever so creative, but it doesn't hit me as a "portrait"; it works as a statement, or an album cover (if you don't know what that is, ask someone over 35). Like it though.

Thanks Tom, haha "bling" is an interesting idea.

Nick, I am kind of in agreement with you. Like I mentioned in my original post, I wasn't sure if it quite qualified as a portrait and I wasn't sure where would be the most appropriate place to post it.

Steve, I do like your definition of a portrait. It does make sense paint a picture about personality, though I must say I'm not nearly as dark/sinister as the picture implies :) Looking at it on a calibrated monitor, I would agree that it probably wouldn't hurt to go a bit brigher.

Thanks for the compliments Aaron and Mike.

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
Well I like it too! Ditch the wedding band and get some rub on tatoos! Do it right!

LOL!

Well done!

Latest threads

Top Bottom