Undecided

Discussion in 'People' started by dtbh, Aug 4, 2007.

1. dtbh

dtbh

Mar 9, 2006
    Malaysia
    Colour of B&W? Thanks for your thoughts.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. My humble opinion? The subject works well in both colour + B&W, but just edging ahead in the judging stakes would be the colour version..

3. Color. What a great image.

4. They are both very good Banhup but for me the 1st one is the more dramatic of the two. I find the 2nd one to look harsh rather than dramatic. Perhaps a softer b&w rendition might be more appealing. Just my opinon of course.

5. dtbh

dtbh

Mar 9, 2006
    Malaysia
    Thanks so much for your thoughts. Besides being a nice title for this image I am a bit undecided on which should be better eventhough I personally prefer colored images. Your thoughts have made my decision easier. Thanks again.

6. Logan

Logan Guest

well, ill swing the other way and say that there is no doubt in my mind that i think the BW "floats my boat" you have outdone yourself again Banhup! way to go on producing such stellar photographs!

7. frede

frede

Dec 9, 2006
    Princeton, NJ
    Beautiful image Banhup. I have to say the color - it's just so darn good!

8. My vote goes to B&W

9. gadgetguy11

gadgetguy11

Nov 16, 2005
    Kentucky
    Fantastic image!!

I would go with color.

10. Ray C.

Ray C.

Nov 7, 2005
    Thailand
    Great shot as usual Banhup!

I like the B&W better, but think that her face is a bit too dark and a little too much contrast overall...on my screen.

Although the color one is great as well!! Flip a coin!

11. Marvelous shot, Banup. I'll vote for the color rendition. There just seems to be more depth in the shadows on the color example.

12. Ppub101

Ppub101

Oct 10, 2005
    Asheville NC
    Wow, they are both amazing! I usually love B & W, however, this time I really like the color better. Either way you can not go wrong. Great work!

Paul

13. dtbh

dtbh

Mar 9, 2006
    Malaysia
    Thank you to all of you for taking the time to view these images and sharing with me your thoughts and choices. It is wonderful how color and lack of it can change the mood of an image which makes photography so interesting for me.

Cheers!

14. Beautiful as usual, I'm too lazy to cut and paste in the remark I said I would always use in the future, next time :)

I like both images, but being a non conformist, I'd like the colour image half pushed towards sepia best! Ha! wasn't even an option LOL!

15. Debbi

Debbi Guest

Beautiful portrait. I would have to say color, but the B&W is very good as well.

16. dtbh

dtbh

Mar 9, 2006
    Malaysia
    Yes, I remeber that remark! :biggrin::biggrin: Thanks Michael.

Thanks for your thoughts too, Debbie. I appreciate it.

17. Wonderful shot! Color.

Rich

18. dtbh

dtbh

Mar 9, 2006
    Malaysia
    Thanks Rich! To be honest I enjoy this capture a lot as it allows me to play with PS. I have so many versions of the same colored one with this one being the best so far IMHO. Still playing with it....:wink:

19. Ordinarily an elder's face is perfect for B&W but the colors on this one are all complimentary and fit together well. You are a master!

Rich

20. dtbh

dtbh

Mar 9, 2006
    Malaysia
    That is why I tried converting it to B&W. :wink: Still have a lot to learn on B&W conversion.

Thanks again Rich. You are too kind.