Under Constuction

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by CraigH., Apr 30, 2005.

1. CraigH.

CraigH.

Feb 1, 2005
    Northen NJ
    D70, 12-24 at 15mm, 2stop hard ND grad. Red chanel B&W with some levels adjustment.
    original.

comments and suggestions welcome

2. Excellent B&W conversion Craig. What's interesting to me is the top 1/3 of the image doesn't have the same crispness and black to white tonality at the bottom 2/3.

3. CraigH.

CraigH.

Feb 1, 2005
    Northen NJ
    Thanx Gordon. it was overcast.

4. GOOD GRIEF!!!! That is an out-of-control-wonderful-fantastic-I-don't-know-how-you-did-it-shot!! WHEW!! :D :D :D :shock: :shock: :shock: :D :D :D :D

5. CraigH.

CraigH.

Feb 1, 2005
    Northen NJ
    Thankyou Dawg. I'm glad you like it. :D

6. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Really nice near/far Craig. Looks to me like you did a great job on holding as much of the sky as you did - that bright 'path' lead into the distance sets up some nice visual dissonance that gives me the sense of 'impending'.

Did you use shadow/highlight on it?

7. CraigH.

CraigH.

Feb 1, 2005
    Northen NJ
    Thanx Chris. It was mostly cloudy, the sun dissapeard behind a huge cloud just as I got set up in postion. the sky was way bighter than the landscape with out the sun illuminating it. the grad helped balance it out but was very flat. No blinkies but it looks like some minor red chanel clipping. no s&h tool just increased contrast.