Under His Shell

I captured this photo yesterday with my D800, 105VR and SB-900:

p1537496062.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Thanks for looking...
Glenn

Wonderful image, Glenn!
Really great point of view. On the one hand you feel the weight of the shell and on the other hand, you feel the safety from the hostile world.
+ great detail and IQ.

another great shot, well seen, shot and PP'd.

Going on the wall at the zoo perhaps?

Thanks Brad...I shoot so often at the zoo that I really need to talk to someone over there about potentially partnering with me on use of the images!

That is a great shot Glenn. I like the composition and the tonalities.
Very nicely done.

Thank you, William...much appreciated.

Glenn

Thanks Brad...I shoot so often at the zoo that I really need to talk to someone over there about potentially partnering with me on use of the images!
absolutely! of course "partnering" comes with a $$$ attached. Your time and efforts are worth more than just a photo credit. Perhaps they can offer them for sale in the gift shop for a pre arranged split or something. Anything for display or marketing purposes should dictate a check however.

absolutely! of course "partnering" comes with a $$$ attached. Your time and efforts are worth more than just a photo credit. Perhaps they can offer them for sale in the gift shop for a pre arranged split or something. Anything for display or marketing purposes should dictate a check however.

Brad,

I agree with that. I haven't pursued anything yet, but I was thinking about the gift shop angle--post cards, posters, "fine art" prints, etc. with a percentage of the revenues going my way.

Glenn

I have seen this done successfully in zoo's and in high end golf courses (Arcadia Bluffs) in Mi has some very nice prints avail for sale in the pro shop of the course on fine art papers and such. I'm sure an equitable split could be worked out, if they didnt want to just buy them for inventory. Many even have websites you might be able to have them sell on for you. Nothing beats a ready to hang framed piece of wall art however. Impulse buys need the item ready to go. I've sold so many more framed pieces since i started doing them on spec for my clients. Then I price it so its a no brainer to take em home.

I have seen this done successfully in zoo's and in high end golf courses (Arcadia Bluffs) in Mi has some very nice prints avail for sale in the pro shop of the course on fine art papers and such. I'm sure an equitable split could be worked out, if they didnt want to just buy them for inventory. Many even have websites you might be able to have them sell on for you. Nothing beats a ready to hang framed piece of wall art however. Impulse buys need the item ready to go. I've sold so many more framed pieces since i started doing them on spec for my clients. Then I price it so its a no brainer to take em home.

Yes...it's amazing how much better things sell when they are immediately available to an impulsive buyer. I was shooting for a youth sports league and was disappointed with the level of sales through my website. My brother suggested that I take a chance and print a bunch of photos and bring them to the team's next game. Within no time, most of the prints were sold...at least fifteen 8x10's and maybe fifty smaller prints--all with just two teams present (maybe 25 parents)!

Glenn

Latest threads

Top Bottom