1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Underground Bicycle Parking

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by Kim Cimmery, May 25, 2019.

1. This is a view of the underground parking for 5000 bicycles beneath the Delft, NL train station. The next level below (lower left in image) you can see an intercity train at (I believe) platform 1.
    1bikegarage700_001.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

• Like Like x 2
  2. Butlerkid

Butlerkid Cafe Ambassador Moderator

Apr 8, 2008
    Rutledge, Tennessee
    Karen
    Very interesting image. Very well captured.

3. Nice shot. Is that all self parking? or do you hand your bike over to someone who parks it for you? Are they locked? Do they have a car for bikes on the train? I used to take my bike on the train in Switzerland, most of the time they told me to bring it into the passenger compartment.

Last edited: May 25, 2019
  4. Thank you for your comments. I believe it is self-parking. Each space is locked.. They have an automated system identifying available spots. 14 day max continuous parking. There is also above ground parking for another 2500 bikes. I think certain train cars have designated areas for hosting bikes.

5. Tinstafl

Tinstafl

Aug 6, 2008
    Virginia
    That is neat

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.