Unexpected Images from a Pond-Dipped Camera

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by cmpalmer, Jun 22, 2005.

1. cmpalmer

cmpalmer

Jan 27, 2005
    Huntsville, AL
  2. That's hilarious!
    I don't understand why so many people write complicated sketch actions in PS when it's so easy to achieve that effect, and with a little surprise component included :lol:
    I'm not going to try this with my D1X, though :wink:

3. gho

gho

Feb 7, 2005
    California
    I think his sensor is still a bit wet. Maybe some water creeped in between the AA filter and photosites.

4. It's clear that he's getting a diffraction pattern through a very thin water layer. It is producing some very interesting effects, however!

I'm sure he'll be disappointed when it finally dries out completely and just produces blotchy pictures from crud collected on the sensor :cry:

5. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    AMAZING

6. That's really cool. Thanks for sharing.

7. Haha! That is very cool. Well...I wouldn't want it in my camera but it does produce some interesting stuff.

8. pond dipped camera

if it stayed that way, I would never sell it. Isn't it funny how we are so fascinated with a camera that dosen't do what it is supposed to. I am always hoping my pictures will turn out the way I envision them in my head, but they don't. CS Dayan

9. cmpalmer

cmpalmer

Jan 27, 2005
    Huntsville, AL
    One time in my ramblings, I found a page by a guy who would buy old junk store and yard sale cameras, like really old Brownies and bellows style ones, then do a minimal amount of work to get the shutter mechanisms working, then custom cut film and take pictures. The sometimes light-leaky cameras with distorted and dirty lenses took eerie and surreal photos that looked like someone spent hours of photoshopping for a senior art project.

10. IxLr8

IxLr8 Guest

Hmmm... I kind of like the pictures actually. It's a different perspective. I seen those sorts of effects when you use the color IR filter using Nik EFex in PS.

11. Alright, who's going to be the first one to drop their D2X in a pond? Any takers? :p

12. faenix

faenix

Jun 21, 2005
    Bayside, NY
    haha D2x in a pond.... must be crazy. ;)