Unfinished photographic business an honorary tribute to a "passed on" photographer

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Steve Zalewski, Sep 10, 2008.

1. September 10, 2008

I'm in the process of picking up the unfinished work of a photographer who I knew who was widely known and loved who passed away in Syracuse, NY on June 20, 2008.

This photographer has a number of unfinished prints that I would like to get matted, mounted and framed and have them then be put up for an exhibition to honor this photographer that I knew.

The photographer was a very kind, loving, selfless person who had nearly 600 friends at his funeral service, and because of his love and kindness to others, I would like to have him honored by exhibiting his work. I knew this photographer and his passing is a tragic loss to everyone in the Syracuse photographic community.

I was wondering if any NikonCafe member knows of any book that describes the process of matting, mounting, and framing prints so that they are done correctly, but explains the process in a easy to understand format that is easy to follow. I want to try to do things up to the highest level of quality if possible, but I don't know yet, if I will have to pay for all of this myself, or if some of the costs can be waived or if supplies can be donated.

By the way, the prints after they are picked up will be taken to Community Darkrooms at Syracuse University, where I will be able to work on them.

Thank You to my fellow NikonCafe members for your suggestions, I appreciate it. If you are a member of NikonCafe and live in the Syracuse area, please contact me at: [email protected] if you are interested in volunteering your time to assist me in this project. Note, I'm doing this out of the love in my heart for my love of photography, and to honor and show my love and respect for the photographer that I knew who passed away. I'M NOT DOING THIS FOR ANY TYPE OF PROFIT OR FINANCIAL GAIN. I'm donating all my time to help turn this project into a worthwhile tribute and exhibition to the passed on photographer that I knew. Thank you again for your help and understanding I appreciate it.

Steve Zalewski
    Syracuse, NY

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2008
  2. I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your friend Steve...
    I hope all goes well for you at presenting this exhibition in honor of your friend...
    Good luck with it all....

3. Unfinished photographc business an honorary tribute to a "passed on" photographer

September 11, 2008

Thank you for your message of sympathy, I appreciate it.

Steve Zalewski
    Syracuse, NY