uninstalling Lr4. Does Adobe keep track..

..of these things?

My whole system here is confusing... I intend to do a re-install of the software that came with this new imac. When this happens is all the extra stuff, which I migrated here from my Mac Pro, tossed out? I don't mind redoing stuff, just curious.

Hopefully on the next go-round, I won't lose my Lr catalog... (the reason for this)..

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
answering my own question; yes they do...

Loaded a virginal copy of LR. Can I install my backed-up catalog on to this one?

When you get a new computer, load your programs and make a BOOTABLE back up clone. This can be a partition on the backup or a flash drive or whatever. If you can not repair the original, put in a new drive and boot from the clone. Then copy the clone to the new drive.

The backup then is used to move files over.

Stephen - I keep my LR backups on a separate drive in my computer. If that won't work for you, then you might consider using an external drive. I also shoot in RAW and have LR write XMP files. If something goes wrong with the catalog, I can always delete it and reload a fresh catalog. That way I won't lose my edits.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
all sound advice, thanks. Things here are so screwed up... I'll get my head together and try to put it all in writing when i get some time.

Short version: All my pix (thousands!) are on time machine.. Can't see 'em.

More details later. Again, thanx for the support.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom