1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Unique New York

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by fdevyatkin, Jul 19, 2008.

1. 2680843099_de9114ba01_b.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2680840071_0206bd672a_b.jpg

2680837013_c554391955_b.jpg

2683962878_28ffd74451_b.jpg

2. Brings back memories of riding the Staten Island ferry (50+ years ago) -- Thanks Fred.

3. These are quite sharp shots but the color of the sky just does not seem right...

4. Great shots! I love the water in the first one and the sailboat in the third one.

5. Thanks Bob!
    I lived in NY for the first 25 years of my life, and always loved it when my dad woulf take me on a ferry boat ride.
    Fred

6. It was a gloriously bright, sunny day with low humidity. When the subject is brighter than the sky it makes the sky look darker and I used a CP to emphasize the contrast.
    Fred

7. Thanks Helen!
    Fred

8. Great shots. I do like the CP look on the sky.

9. Thanks Alex!
    I think the CP only emphasized the gorgeous sky. Without it the sky would have had more glare.
    Fred

10. very nice images, clear and sharp. My favorite is with the sail boat, contrast with old with the new.

11. Thanks Bill!
    Fred

12. Bill, very nice shots indeed!
    I tried reading the EXIF, but couldn't get the main bit I was after - what lens were you using, and more to the point, is the subtle vignetting a result, or is that a PP effect you added?

13. Thanks Vinman!
    I was shooting with the Nikon 18-135 with a CP.
    Fred

14. nice shots, lovely skyline

15. Thanks Anthony!
    It is a great subject.
    Fred

16. Nice set Fred. Did you sneak into NYC without saying hello!?

17. Thanks Dez!
    I plead guilty. I had my family in tow, visited my mom(Washington Heights), my two brothers (Brooklyn), and my nephew (Chelsea). Managed to got the the Met, the Cloisters, Staten Island, the lower east side, Chinatown (Enjoyed Soup Dumplings) and B&H, all in three days. I'll be back...
    Fred

18. Zee71

Zee71

Apr 1, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Very nice crisp, and clear images. Hope you enjoyed NYC.

19. Thanks Mark!
    I spent the first 25 years of my life in NYC, and my mom and two brothers still live there. Definitley big league!
    Fred

20. Great shots!! Nice day to enjoy a ride on the ferry... :) 

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.