United States Grand Prix at Indianapolis

Discussion in 'Special Sessions, Events, and Tour Announcements' started by Greg, May 11, 2005.

1. Greg

Greg

Apr 5, 2005
    Fayetteville, TN
    anyone going to the F-1 Race in June? this is a once a year event. I'll be there both Sat and Sun. Just thought I'd check.

2. Oh man, you lucky dog. I'd love to catch that race! I've never shot F1 before or been to a race for that matter.

Indy racing is coming to my home town in June, that's as close as I'll get (I know, it doesn't count).

I've been to Indy multiple times for the 500. Best times to go are on Carburation Day and practice sessions, that is when you get the best access. Come race day you just have to have the right seats I guess (or be one of the chosen ones).

Share some shots when it's all over!

_/oe

3. F15Todd

F15Todd

Feb 1, 2005
    Tennessee
    I used to go to Indy a lot before the CART/IRL split, never been to an F1 race. I hope one day soon to make it back there.

4. I'll be there....

I go every year with my father and some friends. I have an on again off again thing with bringing my camera. I like the idea shooting the race, but then it is one of the few times we all get together each year so do I want to be spending all of my time shooting? I'm still on the fence about this year. I probably won't decide on whether or not to bring my camera until the day I leave. Have you shot the race before? You really get to appreciate the panning/timing ability required to get some of the shots you see in the mags.

Dave