Unpredictable birds...

There are 3 Blue-Winged Teal that hang out at one of the wetland areas here that I see basically every time I go there. They are(were) very skittish and have never let me get anywhere near them. Until yesterday anyway, when they basically posed and modeled for me from as close as 20 feet. Dont you just love it when they do that?

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

View attachment 878932

View attachment 878933
Here is the view I got the day before...
View attachment 878934

Last edited by a moderator:
Rich, nice of them to pose for you. Exposures on all are a bit on the bright side.
I know man. I blew out some white areas for sure. Seems I do that a lot but not sure what to do about it. Im shooting manual but using auto ISO so I can handhold most shots. From what ive read exposure compensation doesnt work in manual mode.

I know man. I blew out some white areas for sure. Seems I do that a lot but not sure what to do about it. Im shooting manual but using auto ISO so I can handhold most shots. From what ive read exposure compensation doesnt work in manual mode.
Hmmmmm. I shoot manual all the times and I use EV+-. I believe it works because as I was shooting the Juve this morning wiht +1 EV, it looks a bit washed out.
I meant to suggest you to tone down the brightness a bit and see.

Hmmmmm. I shoot manual all the times and I use EV+-. I believe it works because as I was shooting the Juve this morning wiht +1 EV, it looks a bit washed out.
I meant to suggest you to tone down the brightness a bit and see.
Well I could easily be wrong.

Latest posts

Top Bottom