Unraveling an Egret

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Uncle Frank, Apr 20, 2005.

1. The Snowy Egret comes in a neat little package.

But when it gets upset, it unravels a bit.

And when you see it fly, you wonder how all of that suff fit in such a little package to begin with.

original.

But no matter what his mood, Mr. Snowy is a very handsome fellow :lol:

2. Man Frank you are definitely the man when it comes to photographing Egrets. Is this your personal pet by any chance? :lol: :lol:

3. I'm really lucky to have a lake so close that hosts a number of breeding pairs of this beautiful beastie, Gordon. I wasted several seasons trying to sneak up on them, which can't be done, before I started studying and stalking them. Now that I know their behaviors and habitats, and added the 80-200/2.8 to my arsenal, I'm just starting to get the results I had hoped for.

4. Having just got back from trying to sneak up on birdies I can attest to the fact that it can't be done. I had no more than walked into my backyard when I heard two geese honking overhead but they had passed over my head before I could find them. There is always a butt shot but I tactfully refrained. You have done well with this beautiful bird my friend.

5. Nice shots Frank. All of your captures are wonderful!! :D :D :D

6. Thanks, Bryan! I'm glad you enjoyed them :).

7. Love that second shot, what unique feathers they have!!!
    Great shots, Frank. I was advised that around wild birds, if I always wear the same colours and talk in the same tone of voice, they'll get used to you. Either that or you can stick some white feathers in your hair and do a mating dance!! *LOL*

8. Good idea, Sandi, but they react in strange ways when they see white:

Hmmm, maybe not such a bad idea after all 8).

9. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    lolol UF with feathers.