'Up North' Michigan Macro-need help posting picture

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by GeeJay, Aug 22, 2005.

1. GeeJay

GeeJay

Jan 26, 2005
    Florida
    I had to try out posting a picture in the new Cafe Nikon upgraded forum. So dug this one out.

Took it last week with my 70-180mm Nikon Macro lens.. no flash and handheld...

Here goes and I hope it works ..

I see that I can't find how to put 'IMG' in the front and end of the link.. Does anyone know where to find that on the page where the 'Post New Thread' is started??? Thanks very much,

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2005
  2. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Hi Gaye; long time no talkee. :wink:

To embed an image, click the icon that looks like a couple of mountains with a little square in the upper right (it's yellow, with gray mountains), then paste your image link in. It should look like this:

[​IMG]

Hope this helps.

3. GeeJay

GeeJay

Jan 26, 2005
    Florida
    Hi Frank,
    I can't find any icon that looks like that-- a couple of mountains with a little square in the upper right... The only icons I see are the smiley thingies etc...no mountains. Any more clues?
    Thanks a lot,
    Gaye

4. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Gaye,

Click on the User CP link in the upper left, and select the Edit Options link along the left side. Go down to the Message Editor Interface section and make sure that you have the Standard Editor - Extra Formatting Controls option selected, then click the Save Changes button.

That should give you the icons that you need (they should be across the top of the message edit box).

Let me know if that doesn't fix you. :smile:

5. GeeJay

GeeJay

Jan 26, 2005
    Florida
    Hi Frank,
    That's it.. You nailed it. I checked the right one and now have the extra options. Thanks again,
    Gaye

I"ll see if I can put it into this post.
    [​IMG]

6. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Looks like you got it. :wink:

7. Hi Gaye, how is your summer going up there on the lake. Very nice flower image you have posted. Glad you got the icons all worked out.

8. GeeJay

GeeJay

Jan 26, 2005
    Florida
    Hi Gordon,
    Great to hear from you and thanks.

This has been the best summer ever up here because of the warm weather and the warm water. I"ll be home again in Florida in three weeks and then will have my fast line. Then I can view the forum pictures which I've missed. I learn from them.