Up the Creek Again

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by R Bond, Dec 10, 2005.

1. Here's another shot of some subtle autumn colors. I hope you like. As always comments, suggestions or grievances are appreciated.

New edition

View attachment 20766

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2005
  2. heiko

heiko

May 15, 2005
    Israel
    Let me express my grievances: I envy you for your compositional and technical skills AND for having access to such lovely scenery.:smile:

Now the light part: The image looks oversharpened in the bottom. It can be a resizing issue. Since you use pbase, try this:

Instead of just adding .jpg to the pbase link, add "/original.jpg". This will show the original photo without resizing it (pbase does this on images you link to, unless you use this trick).

P.S.: I checked your pbase site - the image there has the same problem. I guess it's some sharpening and / or resizing issue.

3. Hi Heiko

Wow, I am not so sure I deserve taking that compliment but thank you.:redface: Any photographic skills that I possess I borrowed from folks that hang out right here and of course my talented wife Teri.

I sharpened the heck out of this one with FMs CS Pro and knew I was on the verge of over doing it. I had to put up two versions and switch between them several times to see it, when I did it jumped out at me.
    I have put up another version with much less sharpening. I edited the OP and the new version is on top. I have been using Fred Mirandas CS Pro to add depth to some of these shots and it works quite well, I think. BTW I have full control of the sharpening in CS Pro just not a full grasp of it's use. Let me know if you like the new one better.

4. heiko

heiko

May 15, 2005
    Israel
    Hello RB,

I like the redo more. It certainly fixes the oversharpening. However, something doesn't work with the moss IMO. I have two suggestions, but am not sure this works:

1. Check the downsizing in PS (or whatever you use). Perhaps you used "linear" instead of "bicubic"?
    2. Use a larger picture size.

These are just my humble guesses, worth max. 0.002 Cent.

5. Hello Heiko

I am not seeing a problem with the moss. The moss in the lower left is OOF but that's all I see.

6. heiko

heiko

May 15, 2005
    Israel
    I guess I better get my eyes checked - perhaps I need new glasses.:cool: On the other hand, I could take Panos' suggestion and just stick myself a 50mm Nikkor in the eye.

7. LOL, two would be handy. Would you go with f/1.4, f/1.8 or one of each?:biggrin:

8. RayGuselli

RayGuselli

Oct 18, 2005
    Ralph

I just love your photos and this is no exception.

I love the colour, angle taken and everything about it.

Great work - justwished I lived somewhere as photogenic!

Best wishes

Ray

9. heiko

heiko

May 15, 2005
    Israel
    1.4 of course - helps me see at night :smile:

10. Hello Ray

Wow, so many compliments, I wonder when I am going to wake up. Thanks Ray, I really appreciate that. I am lucky to live in a beautiful area, we have a very nice forest just a few steps from my door.